FIFA World Cup 2022: England vs USA Prediction
England vs USA Prediction
When is the USA most Likely to score a goal? The USA has scored the most goals against England in the second half.
When is England likely to score a goal? England is likely to score in the first half.
Who is likely to score a goal for the USA? Jesus Ferreira is likely to score for the USMNT
Who is Likely to score a goal for England? Harry Kane is likely to score for England in this game.
USA vs Wales Goal Prediction? England: 2, USA: 0
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
USA take on Gareth Southgate’s England team at Al Bayt Stadium on Saturday in an important Group B match for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
This would be the first meeting between both sides after four years with Gregg Berhalter’s side ending up second in a one-sided affair. England defeated the USA 3-0. This time USA would like to uproot england and set the alarms ringing.
Considering the Importance of this clash we bring you the statistical Analysis and try to find out which side is ahead going into this marquee fixture.
USA vs England Prediction: Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- During the last five matches in World Cup Qualifiers, the USA’s form was mediocre. The USA won two, Lost two, and drew one in its last five games.
- The USA in its last five matches in the World Cup Qualifiers faced Canada, Panama, Honduras, Mexico, and Costa Rica.
- Both wins came against Panama and Honduras and the losses came against Costa Rica and Canada.
- The USA scored eight goals in two matches and failed to score in three others in the last five matches, totaling 8: 5.
England: Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- In its last five World Cup Qualifications games, England has won three and drew two.
- Five of England’s last five games have been against Poland, Andorra, Hungary, Albania, and San Marino.
- England defeated Andorra, Albania, and San Marino, and drew with Poland and Hungary.
- The total number of goals England has scored in their last five games stands at 22:2. Twenty of those goals came against Andorra, Albania, and San Marino. Three sides conceded most goals in the World Cup Qualification.
USA in World Cups (Last five games)
The USA has faced Belgium, Germany, Portugal, and Ghana in its last five games. across World Cups. The USA has only won a single game and failed to beat any European side.
- USA’s total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 6-7
- In terms of average, the USA has scored 1.2 goals per match and conceded 1.4 goals per match.
England in World Cups (Last five games)
- England has been pretty average as well with only two wins in the last five games.
- In its last five matches, England has won two and lost three matches. England has won two matches against Columbia and Sweden.
- England in its last five World Cup games are aggregating 4:6. England averaged 0.8 goals per match and conceded 1.2 goals per match.
USA England Prediction: Forward Statistics
- Jesus Ferreira participated in 31 games, had 46 of 76 total shots hit their target, and finished with 18 goals. Jess Ferreira averaged 25 passes per game, completed them 76% of the time, and had 6 assists. With four goals in the last five games, all of which came in one game against Grenada, Ferreira leads the USMNT in goals scored.
- This season, Timothy Weah has participated in three games in the French League. Of his two total shoots, just one has been successful. With a 78% completion rate and an average of 11 passes per game, Timothy Weah also averages 2 assists. In the last five games for the USMNT, Timothy Weah has scored just once.
- For the English team, Harry Kane is the man in charge of the group. In the Premier League, Harry Kane has played 13 games and scored 10 goals with remarkable shooting accuracy. His 78% passing accuracy has also appeared to be reliable.
- Although Sterling hasn’t seemed like himself this season, the attacker is still capable of bursting past the defenses of the opponent. Looking at his statistics, the forward has a poor shooting accuracy but a good dribbling metrics, scoring 5 goals in 17 games across all competitions.
World Cup Qualification: Leading Goal Scorers (USA)
- Christian Pulisic: 5
- Ricardo Pepi: 3
- Brenden Aaronson: 2
World Cup Qualification: Leading Goal Scorers (England)
- Harry Kane: 12
- Harry Maguire: 4
- Bukayo Saka: 3
USA vs England World Cup Prediction: Defensive Analysis
In the qualifying rounds, the USA allowed somewhat fewer than one goal per game. With an average tackle success rate of almost 70%, the USMNT’s defense shined out in particular at tackles. The USA allowed 6.8 shots per game, however only 3 of those shots were on goal.
During the World Cup qualifying process, the men’s USA team allowed 30% fewer goals than the typical Central American team. The United States gave up 0.72 goals on average per game.
England was above par defensively in the World Cup Qualification. English team conceded only 3 goals in the 10 games with seven clean sheets. England was particularly outstanding at Interception, England won 66 Interceptions out of possible 110 Interception.
England during World Cup qualification stood in top 3 defensively, conceding one of the fewest goals in the Qualification.
England vs USA Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
England has dominated the most of the fixtures in their eleven meetings with the USA, winning 8 times. The United States had two victories and one ended in a draw.
Last Meeting: England defeated the USA 3-0.
Key Snippets: Last Five matches
- The average match between both sides in the last five matches has seen 2.4 goals.
- England has scored 2 goals per match.
- USA has scored 0.4 goals per match
USA vs England Odds
England vs USA Prediction: World Cup Squads
USA World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson, Matt Turner
Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sergino Dest, Aaron Long, Shaq Moore, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Joe Scally, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman
Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Luca de la Torre, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Cristian Roldan
Forwards: Jesus Ferreira, Jordan Morris, Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna, Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, Haji Wright
England World Cup squad
Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale.
Forwards: Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson.
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice.
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ben White.
USA vs England Predicted Score and Final Analysis
The USA has historically Struggled against England, USA has only managed to win two games in its last eleven games. The USA has consistently failed to score against the three lions. This is pretty evident from the Goal scoring pattern in the last five games with the USA only scoring two goals.
England on the other hand in spite of their awful form recently would be wary of USA threat against whom historically they have tasted a lot of success.
Prediction: England: 2, USA: 0
We have little faith in USA’s ability to score against them based on their goal-scoring form.