USA vs Mexico Prediction and Stats
USA vs Mexico Prediction: The USA is expected to win this match as per the bookmakers and stats.
USA vs Mexico Prediction: USA: 2, Mexico: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate recent performances.
The USA is set to take on their arch-rivals, Mexico in the Semifinal of the CONCACAF Nations League at Allegiant Stadium on 15 June. The Americans will aim for another triumph in the North American league and carry forward the winning momentum in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. The USA finished the league stage at the top of Group D in League A with 10 points.
Mexico will look to bring out their best when they face the Americans in the big Semifinal clash of the Nations League. They have been good in the competition too. Mexico finished as the toppers of Group A in League A with 8 points.
USA vs Mexico Prediction: Recent Games (Nations League)
- The USA has won 3 out of 4 league games this season. 1 match ended in a draw. They had a goal aggregate of 14-2.
- 2 matches ended with clean sheets.
- The Americans scored in each match.
- Mexico won 2 and drew 2 matches in the CONCACAF Nations League. They scored 8 goals and conceded 3.
- Mexico ended 2 games with clean sheets.
- The Mexicans also scored in each of those 5 matches.
USA vs Mexico Goal Prediction
- The USA scored a majority of their goals in the second half. 8 out of their 14 goals in the Nations League came in the last 45 minutes. The average time for the first goal has been the 50th minute.
- The USA maintained an average of 3.5 goals per match. At home, the average has been 3 goals per game.
- They have a shot conversion rate of 19% in the current season.
- xG: Overall: 2.53 | At Home: 2.59
- Mexico looks to take an early lead. 5 of their last 8 goals were scored in the first half with an average time of the 32nd minute for the first goal.
- Mexico played with an average of 2 goals per match so far. In the away games, the average reduces to 1.5 goals per match.
- The Mexicans have a shot conversion rate of 20%.
- xG: Overall: 2.49 | At Away: 2.73
USA vs Mexico Odds
It has always been a riveting contest whenever these two teams met. The USA will have the home advantage but the Mexicans have been excellent in recent fixtures. The prediction and betting platforms are giving a slight upper hand to the USA.
Betting Odds as per Oddspedia
- USA: 2.50
- Mexico: 2.80
USA vs Mexico Prediction: Who is likely to score
- Christian Pullisic is the leading winger for the Americans. He didn’t have a great season for Chelsea in the Premier League but Pullisic is a promising striker. He added 1 goal and 1 assist to his name, playing with a passing accuracy of 84%. His xG stands at 1.43.
- Jesus Ferrerira is another key member of the forward attack. He has been in excellent touch in the current MLS season with 8 goals along with an average of 1.7 key passes per game. Ferreira also created 3 big chances for his side. He recently scored a goal against the Mexican side in an International Friendly clash in April.
- Hirving Lozano is the star forward player of Mexico. He scored 3 goals for Napoli in the Serie A season with 3 assists. Lozano has played with a passing accuracy of 82% along with a dribbling success of 54%.
- Henry Martin is another crucial attacker for the Mexicans. He scored 14 goals in the Liga MX 2023. He scored 14 goals for his team with 5 assists and 7 big chances created. Martin has a goal conversion of 29%.
USA vs Mexico Prediction: Defense Analysis
- The USA has conceded 0.5 goals per match in the Nations League. At home, they didn’t give away a single goal so far.
- The USA’s goalkeeper Matt Turner has done a decent job for Arsenal in the Europa League. He saved 2.2 goals per match with a success rate of 79%.
- In the defense, the key players for the Americans are Tim Ream and Antonee Robinson. Ream has maintained an average of 3.4 clearances per match for Fulham in the Premier League. He got a dribbling success of 77%. Robinson has played with an average of 2.2 clearances per match with a success rate of 57% in the aerial duels.
- Mexico has given away 0.75 goals per match in the Nations League. The average becomes 0.5 goals per match in the away fixtures. All the last 3 goals conceded came in the first half of the last 4 league matches.
- Guillermo Ochoa is an excellent goalkeeper for Mexico for a long time. He has an average of 3.7 goals per match in the Serie A, playing for Salernitana. His success rate is currently at 70%.
- Some of the leading defenders of Mexico are players like Hector Moreno and Jorge Sanchez. Moreno has maintained an average of 2.4 clearances per match with a success rate of 69% in the ground duels. Sanchez is playing with an average of 2.6 tackles per match in the Eredivisie with a 55% success rate in the aerial duels. He also contributed 2 goals.
USA vs Mexico Prediction: H2H Stats
Matches: 77 | USA: 23 | Draw: 16 | Mexico: 38
Recent 5 Meetings: USA: 3 | Draw: 2 | Mexico: 0
Last Meeting: The match ended in a 1-1 draw in an International Friendly clash on 19 April 2023.
USA vs Mexico Injuries and Suspensions
- Kellyn Acosta: Out due to Leg Injury
- Julian Araujo: Ineligible
- Santiago Gimenez: Out due to Suspension
- Tecatito: Out due to Ineligible
USA vs Mexico Predicted Lineup
USA (4-2-3-1): Turner; Dest, M. Robinson, Ream, A. Robinson; Mckennie, Musah; Ferriera, Reyna, Pullisic; Dike
Mexico (4-3-3): Ochoa; Sanchez, Montes, Moreno, Gallardo; Romo, Alvarez, Chavez; Lozano, Martin, Pineda
USA vs Mexico Winner Prediction
The USA-Mexico soccer rivalry is quite famous in the CONCACAF. Both teams aim to be at their absolute best against each other. The USA would like to continue their dominance at home. However, it is surely not going to be easy against a strong Mexican side. The Mexicans are known for attacking football. They can make things difficult for the hosts if the strikers are in good touch. Mexico also has an upper hand as per the H2H stats. Fans can surely expect an exciting contest between the two sides.
It is likely to be a close affair but the USA is expected to win this one. We predict the scoreline to be 2-1 in favor of the Americans.