Phoenix Suns vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Odds and Predictions
The Phoenix Suns are set to play their 39th match of the 2020 NBA season against Minnesota Timberwolves on 19th March at the Talking Stick Resort Arena.
The Phoenix based club who didn’t have the best of the 2019 seasons are off to a 26-12 start, breathing down the neck of the 1st placed Utah Jazz.
On the other hand, the Timberwolves who are looking for some redemption, have often hit roadblocks that has bruised their chances this season. Even though the Suns are heavily backed in odds and predictions, the Timberwolves need a miracle on Friday night.
Phoenix Suns with 85% chances of winning as per FiveThirtyEight starts as favorites for this Friday night clash.The latest Phoenix Suns vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated here on game day.
Phoenix Suns vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Deandre Ayton who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 14.4 points and 11.2 rebounds in this season so far. He pitched in with 14 points against Pacers.
Devin Booker who is the shooting guard has carried the side with close to 25.1 points while the point guard Mikal Bridges needs to do better than 13.6 points per game in this season.
Jae Crowder brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 83.8% and a field goal percentage of 39.9% in 35 games. Dario Saric who is another useful forward pitched in with 17 points and 5 rebounds against Pacers in 26 minutes.
Karl-Anthony Towns who plays at the center position was in good form against Lakers by pitching in with 29 points and 7 assists in 35 minutes. Ricky Rubio who is the point guard has a 3-pointer conversion of 31.6% so far in addition to averaging 8.5 points.
Anthony Edwards who plays as the small forward and power forward has a field goal percentage of 38.5 and a free throw percentage of 79.4 in 40 games this season. He has also averaged 16.2 points per game during the same time.
Jaylen Nowell who has played as the shooting guard has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 10.4 points and 1.8 dribbles this season.
Phoenix Suns vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Phoenix Suns have well and truly justified the name of their side by rising from the ashes. They started off their season on a high note with a 5-1 record barring the loss to Kings. Their January campaign was kind of a bummer with unexpected losses coming their way.
But they made sure that they didn’t crumble under pressure as they were back in contention for the final glory. They are looking unstoppable in the recent times achieving 8 wins in the last 10 games that added to their tally of 26 wins in this edition. Their last game against Grizzlies was a stroll in the park as they won it by a 122-99 margin.
The Minnesota Timberwolves is staring at yet another disappointing season in the NBA. They are bogged down by the constant losses that has had an impact in the recent performances.
Despite starting on a good note with wins against Pistons and Jazz, their campaign started to take a detour as they were part of an infamous 7-match losing streak. Their dismal season has carried on with just two victories in the last ten outings. They are currently battling to avoid wooden spoon after tattering at 15th place in the Western conference.
Phoenix Suns vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (115 games): Suns – 73 wins, Timberwolves – 42 wins.
Previous meeting: Suns won 118-99 on 28th February 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Phoenix Suns vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The premium website Oddschecker have admitted the fact that Timberwolves have no chance to win the NBA championship this season whereas the Suns are the 11th favorites in this season. On the other hand, SMarkets are also of the same opinion, stating that any success for Timberwolves is a bonus for the last placed side.
Looking at the predictions for this game, the Phoenix Suns have 85% chance with Minnesota based team having a meek chance of 15% to pull off something special, according to FiveThirtyEight.