Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions
With victory on Friday night over Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers made into Western Conference finals. They will be up against Phoenix Suns who were the first team to make into finals. Suns were up against Denver Nuggets in the conference semi-finals, they routed the Nuggets in just 4 games and made into the finals.
The two teams have been up against each other on three occasions and Clippers lead the three regular season matchups this year against Suns, 2-1. The two teams have been in a very close encounter with each game decided by 10 points or less. However, for Clippers when they take on Suns on Sunday night, they will be without Kawhi Leonard who has been out due to injury.
Phoenix Suns will be hosting the Clippers at Talking Stick Resort Arena on Sunday.
FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Phoenix Suns in Sunday afternoon clash against Los Angeles Clippers. However, the latest Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions: Match Details
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 of Western Conference Finals
Scheduled Date and Time: June 20, 3: 30 PM EST
Host Team: Phoenix Suns
Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the NBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV. For out of market or online viewing use NBA League Pass.
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
Looking at the recent form of both the teams, Phoenix Suns look in better shape than the Clippers. In regular season, Suns ended at 2nd spot in Western Conference points table just below Utah Jazz. They had the best conference record with 30 wins and just 12 losses. They maintained an excellent home record and over average away record in regular season. Of 36 games at home, they won 29 and lost just 7 while on roads they had 24 wins and 12 losses. They made in to playoffs with 3-games winning streak.
Talking about the playoffs, Suns were up against defending champions, Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of playoffs. The 7-games series between Lakers and Suns concluded in just 6 games as Suns won the series by 4-2 to make up their semi-finals clash against Denver Nuggets. In semi-finals, they clean swept the 7-games series. They won the first four games and became the first team to qualify of conference finals.
Los Angeles Clippers on the other hand did not have a better season as compared with the Suns. They Number 4 in the points table in regular season as they won 47 games and lost 25. Their conference record was slightly below Suns as they won 27 games and lost 15 games. Playing at home they won 26 games and lost 10 regular season games but on roads they had 15 defeats and 21 wins.
In Round 1 of playoffs, they had a great competition against the Dallas Mavericks. Clippers won the 7-games series by 4-3 to fix their clash against Utah Jazz in semi-finals. They started off their campaign against Jazz with two back to back defeats but were able to bounce back and win the rest of the four games and thereby making into the finals.
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
Clippers and Suns rivalry dates back to 1970 when the two teams played against each other for the first time. Los Angeles Clippers were then known as Buffalo Braves. Suns were victorious in very first encounter between the two teams. Clippers later were known as San Diego Clippers and it was in 1981 they came to be known as Los Angeles Clippers. The very first game as Los Angeles Clippers against Phoenix Suns was won by Suns once again.
The two teams have played 227 games against each other as of now. Phoenix Suns have won 133 games while Clippers have won 94 games.
Looking at the playoff log, they have clashed against each other on 7 occasions. Suns have 4 wins while Clippers have 3 wins.
This season of 3 games, Clippers have won 2 and Suns have 1 win, the latest being Suns beating the Clippers.
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
Looking at the recent form of both the teams, Phoenix Suns do have an advantage over the Clippers. Playing at home also favors Suns while Clippers have struggled on roads. The latest Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Clippers Game 1 Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated. However, FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Phoenix Suns in this match. As per them the win probability of Phoenix Suns in this game stands at 62% while for Clippers chances of beating Suns stands at 38%.