New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions
New York Knicks toppled Hawks in Game 2 to even the series behind highly charged Madison Square Garden crowd. New York Knicks came from behind by closing the 15-point deficit to knock out Atlanta Hawks 101-92 in the second game and sending the Eastern Conference first-round series back to Atlanta tied at one.
New York Knicks were excellent defensively giving away fewest three-pointers and field goals to the opposition, but any team need to score goals to win a match the ability to score determines the overall performance of the team.
Five players from New York Knicks scored in double digits with Derrick Rose scoring 26 points.
FiveThirtyEight, predicts a win for the Atlanta Hawks for the 3rd game against the New York Knicks. The latest New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions also predicts the same.The latest New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 28th May.
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions: Match Details
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks.
Scheduled Date and Time: 28th May,7:00 PM EST.
Host Team: Atlanta Hawks, State Farm Arena.
Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the NBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV. For out of market or online viewing use NBA League Pass.
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
New York Knicks are averaging 109.2 points, 42 rebounds, 22.1 assists, 6.6 steals and 5.3 blocks per game while shooting 46.7% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 105.6 points on 43.7% shooting. New York Knicks are one of the top defensive teams of the tournament.
They rank third among all the teams when it comes to performance in the defensive field. New York Knicks Julius Randle added 15 points and 12 rebounds while Reggie Bullock also accumulated 15 points for the Knicks and made four second half 3-pointers in the 2nd game against Hawks. Julius Randle averages 24.1 per game and has a player efficiency of 45.6 % which is way below the standards that he set.
For the regular season, the New York Knicks have 41-31 win-loss record they are ranked fourth in their Conference, overall and 25-11 win-loss record at home. The Knicks are 25-17 against Eastern Conference opponents. New York averages 45.1 rebounds per game. The New York Knicks are having an impressive season so far. In the last 10 games Knicks won 6 games and lost 4 games.
Looking at Hawks campaign, they are up to the task after hiccups in the initial games. They have shown some real grit and determination that has helped them stay in the top 5. On top of this, they have overturned a poor away record, thanks to the character shown by their players in the court.
The Hawks suffered from the health issues that plagued most teams this season. The significant one was De’Andre Hunter’s two seven-week injury. The Atlanta Hawks has a solid offensive system throughout the 2020-21 NBA season. Atlanta Hawks averaged 13.2 per game in the regular season Trae Young, scored 30, including 13 in a row at one point, and dished out seven assists in his last outing.
Looking at their last 10 games, they have managed to win 8 games and have lost 2 games in a close-contests. The Hawks’ campaign which lacked consistency and tenacity is back on track after a good run in the last couple of weeks.
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
The head-to-head record between the two teams suggest, Atlanta Hawks having an edge over New York Knicks. The two teams have played a total of 380 games in regular season. New York Knicks have been successful on 183 occasions while Atlanta Hawks has won 197 games.
The Knicks swept the regular season matches against Hawks. The Atlanta Hawks won the 1st playoff game against Knicks while Knicks won the 2nd game to even the series.
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The playoff first round series is back to square one and final match will decide the fate. FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Hawks in the 3rd game given home advantage to Hawks. The Hawks taking on the New York Knicks would be a tough battle between two giant sides. Looking at this rivalry, Atlanta Hawks are slightly ahead with a 71% chance whereas the New York Knicks are behind with a 29% chance.
Looking at the outright prediction for this season’s NBA, Brooklyn Nets is still favorites to win this season’s NBA as per Smarkets and Oddschecker. Both New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks are not among the Top 10 teams having possibility of winning this season’s NBA.