Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions
Minnesota Twins and Detroit Tigers finished their four-game series on Sunday. The Twins wrapped up their first half of the 2021 season by winning all 4-games against the Detroit Tigers. This was the first time since 2013 when Tigers were completely swept in the series, last one being against Chicago White Sox in MLB 2013.
The two teams now enter the 2nd half of 2021 season with first of the 4-games beginning on Friday, July 16th. Currently Detroit Tigers is 3rd seeded team in AL Central points table while Minnesota Twins is just below the Tigers, that is in 4th place in AL Central table.
On Friday afternoon the two teams will clash against each other in 5th straight game and 1st of the 4 games of 2nd half of MLB 2021. Detroit Tigers will play a host to Minnesota Twins in Friday afternoon game.
FiveThirtyEight, predicts a win for Minnesota Twins for Friday afternoon game. However, the latest Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions: Match Details
Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins
Scheduled Date and Time: July 16, 2:10 PM EST
Host Team: Detroit Tigers
Where to Watch: You can stream MLB games via MLBNetwork.com, via the MLB app, and through MLB.TV using Cable login. If you don’t have a cable login, you can get a free trial from YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, AT&T TV Now, FuboTV, or Sling TV to stream the games.
Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
The AL Central teams, Detroit Tigers and Minnesota Twins will once again clash against each other in 2nd half of MLB 2021 season. The Twins have clean swept the recent 4 games series against Tigers and they will be looking forward to continuing their winning streak. Tigers on other hand desperately needs a win.
Looking at their form this season, Detroit Tiers have had a better record as compared to Minnesota Twins. As of now Minnesota Twins have played a total of 89 games this season. With 39 wins and 50 defeats they are currently 4th seeded team in AL Central Points table. In last 10 games they have had 6 wins and 4 defeats.
Talking about their home as well as away record, Minnesota Twins have struggled this season. They have 22 wins and 25 losses at home while on roads they are 17-25.
Detroit Tigers on the other hand is 3rd seeded team in AL Central points table. They have won just 40 games and lost massive 51 games this season. In last 10 game they have 6 defeats and 4 wins. They are currently on 4 games losing streak against Twins.
They have 21 wins out of 37 games at home while on roads they have managed to win 19 games and lost 29 games.
Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Detroit Tigers and Minnesota Twins have played over 2000 games against each other as of now. There has been a total of 2200 head-to-head clashes between the two teams. Detroit Tigers have won 1138 games while Minnesota Twins have won 1062 games.
Detroit Tigers played a host to Minnesota Twins for 1104 games with Tigers winning 604 games and Twins winning 500 games.
Minnesota Twins on other hand have played 1096 at home against Detroit Tigers. Of 1096 it had managed to win 562 games while lost 534 games.
This year the two teams have clashed against each other on 8 occasions with Minnesota Twins winning 6 games and Tigers winning only 2 games.
Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
Minnesota Twins will be traveling to Detroit Tigers in Friday afternoon game. Tigers have maintained a better home record against Twin as compared to that of away record. However, looking at the current form, Tigers have struggled against Minnesota Twin in last 4 games. Despite being a host, Detroit Tigers may find difficult to defeat Minnesota Twins this Friday.
As per FiveThirtyEight, the game is expected to be a close one with Twins having a slight edge. As per them, the probability of Minnesota Twins registering an away win stands at 53% while the chances of Detroit Tigers defeating Twin on Friday is 47%.
Looking at the outright prediction for this season’s MLB by Smarkets, Los Angeles Dodgers are favorites to win this season while both Detroit Tigers and Minnesota twins do not feature in Top 10 probable teams to win this season.