Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Odds and Predictions
The Denver Nuggets are set to lock horns against San Antonio Spurs in a probable one-sided contest favoring the hosts tonight. The Nuggets are looking in imperious touch with a free-flowing campaign for them while the Spurs are under extreme pressure to deliver after suffering some inexplicable losses recently.
The game will be played at the Ball Arena on 7th April at 9 pm EST. It is clear that the Nuggets have a big chance in extending their winning streak with their rivals looking to go all out, to spoil the former’s party on Wednesday night.
Denver Nuggets have won last five of their NBA 2020-21 games while San Antonio Spurs have lost their last 3 games. Nuggets currently occupy 4th spot in points table while Spurs are at 9th spot.The latest Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 7th April.
Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Denver Nuggets have been silently going about their business, putting up some exquisite performances so far in this edition. They have managed to hold on to the confidence that they got in the last season that has helped them stay at the top of their game so far.
They are currently on a 5-match winning streak, taking down the likes of Magic, Clippers, 76ers, Hawks and Pelicans in the process. This also meant that they displaced Lakers to take the 4th position in the Western conference. Another thing that has been impressive is their balanced home and away record which they can boast of without any hesitation.
Looking at the San Antonio Spurs’ campaign, they are down and out after constantly being under the pump this season. Even though they weren’t blessed with a superior squad, the mediocrity took precedence that led to them underperforming in must win situations.
They have so far secured 24 victories and have suffered 24 defeats with problems arising in home fixtures so far. Looking at their recent journey, they have managed just one victory against Kings as opposed to big losses when they faced Pacers, Hawks and Cavaliers. They are currently looking to end up in the top 8 to stand a chance in the post season games.
Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (190 games): Spurs – 119 wins, Nuggets – 71 wins.
Playoffs: Spurs – 23 wins, Nuggets – 10 wins.
Previous meeting: Spurs won 119-109 on 29th January 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Aaron Gordon led the side against Magic as he contributed 24 points and 2 assists in 35 minutes. He has made an impact right away with an efficiency rating of 22.97.
The point guard Jamal Murray will be extremely important if the side has to make it to post season games like they did in the previous season. He has averaged 21.3 points per game and has assisted on 4.8 occasions consistently.
Michael Porter Jr. was a treat to the eyes with the giant fella scoring 20 points in 36 minutes. He also carries an impressive 3-pointer conversion of 44.9. Will Barton has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 12.5 points and 3.2 assists in his career.
Keldon Johnson who plays as the center and power forward has a field goal percentage of 47.3 and a free throw percentage of 77.1 in 44 games. He pitched in with 13 points last night.
DeMar DeRozan who is the small forward in the side has an efficiency rating of 24.95 and average of 21.1 points in every outing so far. He was right in the groove in his last game as he notched up 20 points and 2 assists.
Derrick White supported him big time as he made 13 points and 6 assists against Cavaliers. Jakob Poeltl has been a huge letdown with an average of 8 points and 8.1 rebounds. He has to put in some work to increase field goal attempts for the side to do well.
Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
This particular clash between Nuggets and Spurs is similar to so many other games where one team is steam rolling into the post season whereas the other team is struggling to get back on their feet so far. The outright prediction platforms like Oddschecker and SMarkets have also stated the same giving considerable odds to the Nuggets while the Spurs are far behind as the 18th favorites.
According to FiveThirtyEight, Nuggets have 83% chance to wrap up an important victory with the Spurs in with a 17% chance to climb up the table.