Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions
The Charlotte Hornets are set to play their 53rd match of the 2020 NBA season against Los Angeles Lakers tonight at the Spectrum Center. The Los Angeles based club who were the champions in the 2019 season are chasing their 2nd title, looking to capitalize on that win over Nets.
On the other hand, the Hornets are clearly in the hunt for a post season spot after a determined run in the past couple of months. Even though the Hornets are favored in the odds and predictions, the Lakers are no less warriors in putting up a strong fight when they play away from home.
FiveThirtyEight one of the platforms publishing Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions gives Charlotte Hornets 58% chance of beating Lakers in tonight’s clash.However, the latest Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions are divided upon the outcome of the game
Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Charlotte Hornets had to wait until the 3rd game to taste their first victory against Brooklyn Nets. They were on a winning spree with that win against Mavericks, but losses against Grizzlies and 76ers meant that they had their work cut out to stay afloat. They then went on a match winning streak at the beginning of 2021 that enabled them stay relevant.
In this month’s campaign, they were blown away by Nets but staged a good comeback with triumphs against Pacers, Thunder and Bucks. This also meant that they hung on to the 6th spot in Eastern conference with a win-loss ratio of 0.519.
On the other hand, Los Angeles Lakers are battling the tide after a smooth sailing in the initial months. Even though they are staging the B-side currently, they have played out of their skins to keep themselves in the hunt. In the last 10 games, they have managed 5 victories as opposed to 5 losses with inconsistencies bothering them a little.
In the last game against Nets, they managed to put up a dominating performance against the hot favorites Nets earning them a much-needed push in confidence for the games to come. With a healthy away record for the defending champions, it is a good opportunity to overtake Nuggets.
Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (60 games): Lakers – 37 wins, Hornets – 23 wins.
Previous meeting: Lakers won 116-105 on 18th March 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch out
Miles Bridges who is the Small Forward in the side has averaged 10.4 points per game and has 5.7 rebounds in 51 games.
Terry Rozier who is the shooting guard has a good rating has a 3-pointer conversion of 40.4% so far. He made 18 points and 4 assists against Hawks in his last outing.
Devonte Graham who plays as the shooting guard and power forward has a field goal percentage of 37.7 and a free throw percentage of 83.3 in 41 games this season.
Brand Wanamaker who has played at the point guard position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 7.8 points and 3.8 assists in his career.
Markeiff Morris has clocked 7.2 points per game and 4.7 rebounds but needs to better than what he has done until now. He gave away 14 points and 2 assists against Nets.
Andre Drummond is turning out to be an important find for the team with the talented Center scoring 20 points in 22 minutes.
Dennis Schroder brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 84.3% and a field goal percentage of 43% in 49 games.
Talen Horton-Tucker who has started as the shooting guard averaged 8.5 points and 2.5 assists in 48 appearances. He also has a scoring efficiency of 1.140.
Charlotte Hornets vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The odds and predictions for this particular clash between Hornets and Lakers will be interesting to watch. The outright predictions by Oddschecker and SMarkets have tipped the Lakers as the 2nd favorites while the Charlotte Hornets have large odds stacked against them currently.
According to predictions for this game, Hornets are expected to have a head start with 58% chance with the visiting team slightly behind at 42% for this particular encounter.