Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions
The top seeded team in the Eastern Conference Brooklyn Nets is set to lock horns against one of the Western Conference team Portland Trail Blazers in a thrilling encounter. Nets are looking to consolidate their top spot in the conference.
The game is scheduled to be held on Friday at the Barclays Centre. The odds are favoring the Nets given their recent momentum however, it will be mistake to take the Trail Blazers for granted as they may spring a surprise in Friday night game.
FiveThirtyEight predicts a very close encounter between Brooklyn Nets and Trail Blazers giving a slight advantage to Brooklyn Nets over Portland Trail Blazers. The latest Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions also predicts the same.The latest Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 30th April
Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
Brooklyn Nets have impressed everyone with their performance. The Nets have free throw percentage of 79.65% in this season and ranked number 1 in Field goal percent and three points percent with 49.45% and 39.15% respectively. Both Nets and Hornets have won 4 out of last their 5 matches.
The Brooklyn Nets seems to have upped the ante after an initial setback in the Eastern conference. Despite grabbing important wins initially, they were down in the dumps after a couple of defeats in January. From then on, they seemed to have shaken off the rustiness that has paved way for some dominating performances as the side grew to be termed as the hot favourites in this season.
In the last 5 games, they have stitched 4 victories and are on the verge of widening the gap with the 2nd placed 76ers in the eastern conference. They are currently sitting in top spot with 42 triumphs and 20 debacles so far.
On the other hand, the Blazers too are coming of a fantastic win over Grizzlies and would be looking to continue the momentum. Blazers April campaign has been kind of a mixed bag where they tasted triumphs as well as defeats. They have tasted victories against the likes of Pistons, Thunder, Spurs Nuggets, Pacers and Grizzlies as opposed to losses against Clippers, Hornets, Heat and Grizzlies. This meant that they got demoted to 7th place with a 0.542 win-loss record so far.
Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
Regular season (91 games): Blazers – 65wins, Nets – 26 wins.
Previous meeting: Nets won 116-112 on 23rd March 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Kevin Durant who has played as the shooting guard was on song as has accumulated 17 points and 4 assists against Raptors besides averaging 27.1 points and 5.1 assists so far. He also enjoys a healthy efficiency rating of 27 in this edition.
Kyrie Irving is an important Point guard for nets. He averages 26.9 per game and has a player efficiency of 24.63.
Continuing his brilliant form Jeff Green has lived up to the expectations and scored brilliant 22 points and 1 assist in the match against Raptors.
Joe Harris with an average of 51% field goals and average of 14.5 points has been one of the few players who has played almost the games for the Nets this season. He accounted for 16 points and 3 rebounds in his last match.
Damian Lillard is the lead guard with an average of 28.3 points and 7.5 assists so far. He was on fire as he accumulated 24 points and 4 assists against Grizzlies.
Jusuf Nurkic who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 8.3 rebounds and free throw percentage of 62.5 in the current season.
CJ McCollum who looked out of sorts did a decent job in his last outing as he made 26 points and 4 rebounds. He also has an efficiency rating of 21.28
Norman Powell who has played at the forward position played for 37 minutes and accumulated 24 points against Grizzlies.
Brooklyn Nets vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Nets look pretty strong when they face Trail Blazers on Friday. According to FiveThirtyEight, Nets have a 51% chance to wrap up an important victory with the Blazers in with a 49% chance to climb up the table.
On the other hand, the outright predictions like Oddschecker and SMarkets have claimed Brooklyn Nets to be top contender to win this season’s NBA while Portland Trail Blazers are fails to feature among the top 10 teams.