2021 Olympics Basketball,USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: US to win comfortably

USA is predicted to win comfortably against Iran in their upcoming 2021 Olympics basketball game as per latest USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions

On Sunday, USA men’s basketball team suffered a major setback in their opening game of Olympic 2021. France defeated the mighty USA by 83-76. The defeat was the first defeat for USA at the Olympics since 2004. The last time the French Men’s Basketball team defeated USA was in 2019 FIBA World Cup quarter-finals.

On Wednesday, USA will be up against Iran in their second group game. Iran faced a defeat at the hands of Czech Republic in their opening game. The game is must win for both the teams in order to keep their hopes of making into the next round.

On Sunday, for US, Donovan Mitchell pegged in 29 points with 6 rebounds and 4 assists. In four quarters, United States could dominate only in one quarter against France. Marcus Smart and Kemba Walker together added 21 points to the US score. Iran on the other hand did show a fight back in last quarter after being behind in first three quarters against Czech Republic. However, in the end they lost by 6 points.

USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions

2021 Olympics Basketball: USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

Team USA is predicted to win the upcoming game against Iran. The latest USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions have been updated on 26th July.

The USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions are subject to change as we move closer to game day.
United StatesIranPredicted Winner
BwinOdds: 1.01Odds: 17.0USA
BetwayWin Probability: 92%Win Probability: 8%USA

Both Iran and USA are part of Group A along with France and Czech Republic in Olympic Men’s Basketball 2020. Currently USA is placed at the bottom of the points table while Iran is at 3rd position. For USA and Iran to make into the quarterfinals they need to win both of their remaining games. Looking at the recent form and also considering the team stats, USA has an edge over Iran.

The latest USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions also predicts the same. At Bwin, the odds for USA’s win over Iran is placed at 1.01 while the odds for Iran’s win is placed at 17.0.

Looking at the outright predictions, USA’s Men National Basketball team has 90% chances of winning the Gold at Olympics as per Oddschecker, while Smarkets’ give 63.36% chances for USA to win Gold.

2021 Olympics Basketball: USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: Predicted Line Up

USA: Damian Lillard, Zach LaVine, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Bam Adebayo.

IRAN: Behnam Yakhchali, Mohammed Jamshid, Samad Bahrami, Arsalan Kazemi, Hamed Haddadi.

2021 Olympics Basketball: USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: Latest Player news, 27th July

Lakers legend Magic Johnson hits Team USA with LeBron James truth bomb after Olympics loss

After fall, Lillard, Adebayo try to help US get up again

Report: Team USA players are frustrated with Pop using Spurs offense

NBA stars don’t want to play in the Olympics anymore — and now it’s painful to watch

2021 Olympics Basketball: USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: Recent Form

Both Iran and USA did not have a great start to their Olympics 2021 campaign as both the teams suffered a defeat in their opening game. Looking at the recent form, Iran does not have much to cheer about. Before facing Czech Republic, Iran played five international friendlies, 3 against Japan and 2 against Spain.

Iran was crushed by Japanese Men’s Basketball team in their very first game but they did make a comeback in 2nd game and went on to defeat the host, Japan by 72-67 points. In 3rd game against Japan, Iran suffered a 26-points defeat with game ending in 76-50 points in favor of Japan. Against Spain, they lost both the games. Their latest defeat was 43 points defeat at the hands of Spain.

USA on the other hand played four friendly games before losing to France on Sunday. They played one game against Nigeria, one against Australia, one against Argentina and one against the Spain. Their one game against Australia was cancelled.

USA faced a shocking defeat at the hands of Nigeria in their very first international friendly game in Japan. In very next game Australia inflicted a 8-points defeat on USA. In their last two friendly games, USA defeated Argentina by massive 28 points and then went on to defeat Spain by 7 points.

2021 Olympics Basketball: USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head

United States and Iran have played just one head-to-head international game. Back in 2010, the two teams played their first and only head-to-head game in FIBA World Cup Group game.

USA defeated Iran by 88-51 score difference. Iran had won only 1 of the 5 games in that year while USA had won all of their five group games. Since then, the Wednesday game between the two teams will be the 2nd clash between the two teams.

2021 Olympics Basketball: USA vs Iran Odds and Predictions: Match Details

USA vs Iran Preliminary Round

Scheduled Date and Time: 12:40 AM EST

Host Nation: Japan

Where to Watch: BasketBall fans in USA can watch the USA vs Iran Game live on Peacock TV

Read: Tokyo Olympics 2021 Medal Tally Odds and Predictions: USA 7 Gold, China 6 Gold



Subhash, Founder of Crowdwisdom360 is an MBA and a Trained Financial Advisor with an extensive background in Forecasting in Financial Services and Politics. He has appeared many times on National TV and has written for a variety of magazines on Wealth Management and Election Strategy.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: