Lynx vs Mercury Prediction: Minnesota Lynx to Win

Lynx vs Mercury Prediction: Minnesota Lynx is predicted to win their upcoming game against the Phoenix Mercury as per the latest prediction.

The regular season is set to resume on Tuesday night after a short breather due to the All-stars game that happened over the weekend. On Tuesday night the Minnesota Lynx are desperate to resurrect their campaign when they play Phoenix Mercury in a Western Conference clash.

The match will be played in the Target Center. Even though it looks like this clash mightn’t draw so much attention, both sides have shown glimpses of their brilliance in their respective matches in the recent past. On the outlook, it looks like Lynx are the outright favorites with their opponents having a tough nut to crack.

Minnesota Lynx vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction

Minnesota LynxPhoenix MercuryPredicted Winner
SmarketsOdd: 1.38Odds: 2.72Lynx

Lynx vs Mercury Prediction: Recent form

The Minnesota Lynx didn’t get a pleasant getaway in the first two months of their WNBA campaign as they are trying to claw their way back into the championship. They are currently sitting in the last position, closing the gap to Mercury.

Their ascent has been furthered by their recent victories against Las Vegas Aces and Chicago Sky respectively. They have a home record of 5-7 and an away record of 3-8 which needs rapid improvement for them to play post-season games.

The Phoenix Mercury who was expected to perform extremely well has been below par in all aspects so far. On top of that, they have been the victims of close shaves with their opponents ending up on the right of the results.

This meant that they have currently settled in 5th position having played 24 games and won 10 of them in the process. Despite having a strong record at home, their away record of 4-10 needs a massive improvement for them to go deep.

Lynx vs Mercury Prediction: Head-to-head: (Last 3 years)

Matches: 8: Lynx: 6 Mercury: 2

Last Meeting: Lynx won against Mercury by a margin of 100-88 on 24th June 2022.

Minnesota Lynx vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction: Players to Watch Out


Moriah Jefferson has to step up big time given her wide experience, for the team to get across the line. She has averaged 9.3 points and 1.2 steals in her career.

Sylvia Fowles’ consistency is unmatched in the squad as she gave away 14 points and 7 rebounds against Sky. Aerial Powers who will be the shooting guard has averaged 13.8 points in every outing and has a three-point conversion of 31.3.

Kayla McBride who plays as the guard is extremely good in defense with 1.7 turnovers and 2.9 rebounds on an average in 18 games this season.


Shey Peddy is an important forward for the side with the uncanny ability to turn around the game. She amassed 13 points and 2 assists in her last game.

Sophie Cunningham came up with the goods as she pitched in with 23 points and 5 rebounds against Liberty. Diana Taurasi who will be the shooting guard has averaged 19.2 points in every outing and has been a consistent performer for the side this season.

Diamond DeShields who plays as the forward has a field goal percentage of 40.1 and a free-throw percentage of 73.8 besides 2.2 assists.

Lynx vs Mercury Prediction: Predicted Winner

The odds and predictions for this particular encounter between Lynx and Mercury is a toughie given that both sides will be playing freely without anything to lose. That being said, Oddspedia has put the Lynx ahead with odds of 1.45 with their counterparts have a tough time with odds of 2.80.

The FiveThirtyEight website has got the back of Lynx in the clash with a 66% winning chance whereas the Mercury has a 34% chance. On the other hand, the Lynx have the best odds of 4/9 while Mercury has odds of 19/10 stacked against them, according to Oddschecker.

Lynx vs Mercury Prediction

Read: Atlanta Dream vs Chicago Sky Prediction: Sky to Win



Subhash, Founder of Crowdwisdom360 is an MBA and a Trained Financial Advisor with an extensive background in Forecasting in Financial Services and Politics. He has appeared many times on National TV and has written for a variety of magazines on Wealth Management and Election Strategy.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: