Grizzlies vs Pelicans Prediction and Odds: Pelicans to crush Memphis

New Orleans Pelicans are projected to win their home tie against Memphis Grizzlies according to the latest Grizzlies vs Pelicans Prediction

New Orleans Pelicans will host Memphis Grizzlies at the Smoothie King Center in NBA.

Pelicans lost to Oklahoma City thunder while Memphis had to face a defeat at the hands of Charlotte Hornets.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies Prediction and Odds: Match Odds

New Orleans PelicansMemphis GrizzliesPredicted Winner
FiveThirtyEightWin Probability: 53%Win Probability: 47%New Orleans Pelicans

New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies Prediction and Odds: Preview

New Orleans almost had it as they reduced the 21 points lead to five with only two minutes left. But Shai Gilgeous-Alexander came to rescue for the Thunder as his late effort saved the blushes.

Pelicans were outplayed for the most part of the game. They also had five technical fouls which barred them from further pushing aggressively.

In the third quarter at one point, the Pelicans managed to be back into the game with a lead but the Thunder answered with 16 back to back points.

The Thunder players were physically very aggressive and pushed through tough play and aggressive offence. The referee somewhat paid heed to their calls and as a result, the 50-50 calls went in their favour.

Pelicans failed to cope up with the pressure and lost the plot and committed five technical fouls in the process. Thunder went into a rampage mode and collected 15 points in the second quarter without resistance.

Pelicans similarly failed to convert their three turnovers and managed just six points. They went on to commit nine turnovers in total.

In the fourth quarter, the Pelicans started to move into the game and pushed hard to plug the gap. Thunder was overconfident and Pelicans took the charge immediately then.

For Memphis, Ja Morant scored 32 points and of his 32, 22 points came in the first half only. Dillion Brooks racked up 20 points while Jaren Jackson Jr. Came up with 19 points.

In the third quarter, Memphis rallied to build a 70-62 lead but the Hornets came back to haunt them as they answered with a slender three points lead going into the fourth quarter.

For Pelicans, Zion Williamson has turned into a liability. He hasn’t made a start this season and has been on the sidelines due to an injury.

Injuries have been a part and parcel of Williamson’s life. He has sustained injuries throughout his career which has halted his progress. His weight could be a matter of concern as it could be the reason behind him being so injury prone.

He is a good athlete but if he can’t survive on the court there could be major issues in near future. There is no confirmation when the player is going to return and with Pelicans winning just one game so far their season is all but over.

Keeping both Jrue Holliday and Lonzo Ball might have been a good choice s their offence is struggling very badly. Devonte Graham has been good but he is a no match to them. There haven’t been enough instances for other players to step up so it might be the reason behind their downfall this season.

Their defence hasn’t been that strong. Ball and Holliday used to come up with brute defensive force so losing them has had an extra amount of pressure on the defensive unit. Their defensive rating is 112.4, worst in the league. They have almost surrendered 100 points in each game except one.

They donot have the player to compete with other biggies of the Western Conference. It would be difficult for them to turn the tides back but they at least can hope to win their rest of the games.

Jonas Valanciunas, Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Josh Hart have been doing their work but they are yet to do this together.

Jonas Valanciunas is leading the team with 20 points, 14 rebounds and 0.9 blocks on average. Graham tops with 5.5 assists and 1.3 steals on average.

For Memphis Ja Morant is leading the way with 26.5 points, 7.3 assists and 1.7 steals on average. Steven Adams has 8.7 rebounds while Jaren Jackson has 1.9 blocks on average.

Grizzlies vs Pelicans Prediction and Odds: Players To Watch Out For

New Orleans Pelicans

Jonas Valanciunas: Jonas Valanciunas has 20 points on average.

Memphis Grizzlies

Ja Morant: Ja Morant has averaged 26.5 points so far.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies Prediction and Odds: Head to Head

Both sides have played 70 games in the regular season. Pelicans have come up with 39 victories while the Grizzlies have recorded 31 wins.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies Prediction and Odds: Predicted Winner

As per FiveThirtyEight,Pelicans have 53% chances of winning the match while Grizzlies have 47% chances of winning.

Grizzlies vs Pelicans Prediction and Odds: Latest Tweets

Originally Tweeted By Jayson Taint ’em (Mao_ZeDunk)

if the Celtics trade Marcus Smart I will miss him but I’ll understand, especially if it’s a chemistry issue. if the Celtics trade Jaylen Brown it will be hard to explain to my dad that I am now a Memphis Grizzlies fan

Originally Tweeted By Pierce W (pcwitty)

Has there been any move as disasterous for a team this offseason than the New Orleans Pelicans trading away Lonzo Ball for two vets that barely play?

On the flip side, what a welcome addition for Chicago. Ball has been balling, looks like a perfect fit with LaVine and DeMar

Read More: Jazz vs Heat Prediction and Odds



Subhash, Founder of Crowdwisdom360 is an MBA and a Trained Financial Advisor with an extensive background in Forecasting in Financial Services and Politics. He has appeared many times on National TV and has written for a variety of magazines on Wealth Management and Election Strategy.

Leave a Reply