Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds
The WNBA 2021 season is finally reaching its conclusion with semi-final games starting on Tuesday. In the first semi-final game, the No. 1 seed Connecticut Sun is set to host No. 6 Chicago Sky. It will be the first of best of five-game series.
Connecticut Sun made it into the semi-finals after finishing their regular season with a league-best of 26-6 record. Chicago Sky on the other hand qualified for the semi-finals after beating Minnesota Lynx on Sunday.
This season the two teams have clashed 3 times with Chicago Sky winning the three-game series by 2-1. Tuesday night, Connecticut Sun will be hosting Chicago Sky at Mohegan. The last time the two teams met at Mohegan Arena, Connecticut Sun defeated the Sky by 74-58 points.
Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Match Details
Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky 1st of 5-games Semi-Final
Scheduled Date and Time: 28th September, 8 PM
Host Team: Connecticut Sun at Mohegan Arena
Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the WNBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV. For out of market or online viewing use WNBA League Pass.
Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Predicted Winner
Connecticut Sun will be hosting Chicago Sky in the first of Best of five semi-final games. Connecticut Sun is undefeated in the last 14 games while at home they have been highly dominating. Chicago Sky on the other hand defeated Minnesota Lynx in the playoffs to enter the semi-finals.
Looking at the recent form of both the teams and also considering the home advantage, Connecticut Sun is well placed to the Tuesday night game against Chicago Sky.
As per FiveThirtyEight, Connecticut Sun has an 83% chance of winning a home game on Tuesday while the win probability of the Chicago Sky is a mere 17%.
|Connecticut Sun||Chicago Sky||Predicted Winner|
|FiveThirtyEight||Win Probability: 83%||Win Probability: 17%||Connecticut Sun|
|Smarkets||Odds: 1.31||Odds: 3.50||Connecticut Sun|
|Betting Expert||Odds: 1.33||Odds: 3.50||Connecticut Sun|
Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Recent Form
Chicago Sky defeated Minnesota Lynx on Sunday to make it into semi finals of the WNBA 2021 season. After being down in the 1st quarter, Chicago Sky dominated the rest of 3 quarters and was able to register an 89-76 points win. Chicago’s win was aided by a complete team effort with Courtney Vandersloot and Kahleah Copper leading from the front. Together they scored 35 points, 15 rebounds, and 9 assists.
Talking about their form this season, they were 2nd best team in Eastern Conference with 16 wins and 16 defeats. Overall they finished 6th in the regular-season standings. They were able to maintain a home record of 6-10 and an away record of 10-6 in the ongoing season.
Chicago Sky had a 10-5 conference record and have won their last 2 games.
Connecticut Sun on the other hand has been the best team this season. They ended their regular season as a top-ranked team with 26 wins and 6 defeats. Overall they were ranked No. 1 in the season and made into the semi-finals directly.
They have been able to maintain an outstanding home as well as away record. They have won 11 games playing away from home while lost 5 games. At home, they have won 13 games and lost just 1 game. Playing against the teams from their own conference, they have 10 wins and 5 losses.
They are undefeated for the last 14 games and as a host on Tuesday, they will be looking forward to dominating the game against Chicago Sky too.
Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Head-to-head
Chicago Sky has been ahead of Connecticut Sun in overall head-to-head stats. Overall Chicago Sky has won 51% of games against the Sun while Connecticut Sun has won 49% of the games.
In the last 37 games between two teams, Chicago Sky has 19 wins while Connecticut Sun has won 18 games.
In the last 5 games, Connecticut Sun defeated Chicago Sky thrice while Chicago Sky registered to wins. The latest win has been for Connecticut Sun.
This season of three games between the two teams, Chicago Sky has 2 wins and Connecticut Sun has just one win.