Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Prediction and Odds

Connecticut Sun is predicted to win Game 3 of semi-final against Chicago Sky as per the latest Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Prediction and Odds

Chicago Sky will host the Connecticut Sun at Wintrust Arena in the third match of the best of five semifinal series.

Connecticut levelled the series as they fought back their way towards a 79-68 win over Chicago Sky. Both Alyssa Thomas and DeWanna Bonner came up with 15 points as the Sun managed to hold on to their nerves to keep the battle going on. Thomas also added 11 rebounds, 6 assists and two steals to his tally and that too after coming off the bench.

WNBA Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Preview and Prediction, Sports News,  Previews, Analysis, Upcoming Games and Matches

Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Prediction and Odds: recent Form

MVP Jonquel Jones couldn’t do much on this occasion but the rest of the team responded when it mattered the most. But it was never easy.

The Sky took a lead after the first quarter and maintained their thrust as they finished the third quarter with a slender lead of 59-58.

Then came Alyssa Thomas to the scene. She wreak havoc in the Sky defence and took away the game from Chicago as she scored 10 points in 10 minutes and her side went on to register 21 points.

They kept their calm as the Sun defence didn’t allow Chicago any room and the opponents managed to score just 9 points. Sky’s offence has been one of their strong points and keeping them at bay was never an easy task.

Chicago battered the Sun 2-1 in the regular season matchups but Jones wasn’t available for those matches. Sun allowed their opponents to score fewer than 70 points throughout the season and they might need to tighten their defence in the third match of the semifinal series.

Alyssa had been struggling for almost nine months since injuring her Achilles’ tendon but has now made Connecticut a real contender for the WNBA Final.

Connecticut coach Curt Miller showered praises on the player as she guided the Sun to level the series.

“You think how far ahead of schedule she is in her Achilles’ rehab to get back at all and playing (is amazing.).

“To play in this environment in this big a game and have that tenacity and intensity is remarkable. Players have to follow her and respect her. a night when it wasn’t (Jonquel Jones’) night. her presence for us was invaluable.”

Chicago were looking menacing at one time as they had taken an unassailable lead of 11-0. But riding on the brilliance of Jasmine Thomas the Sun managed to get into the game.

Kahleah Copper scored 13 points while Candace Parker managed only 12 points for Chicago.

The Sun had been on a 12 match winning run before losing to Chicago in the first match of the semifinal. Jones has been their best player with an average of 19.4 points per game. She needs to fire in the third game.

Copper has been the star player for Chicago as she is averaging 14.4 points per game.

Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Prediction and Odds: Predicted Winner

Connecticut has definitely change the odds with their convincing win over Chicago in the second match, They will now fly to Chicago to have a real go at their opponent.

Chicago Sky vs. Connecticut Sun Prediction: Jonquel Jones to Affirm MVP Win  in Game 1

According to FiveThirtyEight, Connecticut has 54% chances of grabbing a win on the road while Chicago also comes close with 46% winning chances.

Chicago SkyConnecticut SunPredicted Winner
FiveThirtyEightWin Probability; 46%Win Probability: 54%Connecticut Sun

Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Prediction and Odds: H2H

In the last 39 games between the teams, Chicago has managed 20 wins while Connecticut have 19 wins. In the last five matches, Connecticut has managed three wins while Chicago won the other two.

Travelling in and out has been one of the concerns for WNBA teams. The Franchise choose to fly commercial instead of using Chartered flight for the whole contingent. Both the teams will have to use three different airports to take their flight to Chicago which could cause real problems for both sides. The reason behind avoiding the middle seats for the tall players as it would have been an uncomfortable flight for them.

Connecticut coach Curt Miller criticised the system following their win over Chicago.

“I want you guys to hear this. That’s what this league goes through. That’s what these amazing women, the best in the world at what they do, go through.”

Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Prediction and Odds: Match Details

Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Game 3 of 5-Games Semi-Final Series

Scheduled Date and Time: 3rd  October, 1 PM EST

Host Team: Chicago Sky at Wintrust Arena

Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the WNBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use WNBA League Pass.

Read: Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds



Subhash, Founder of Crowdwisdom360 is an MBA and a Trained Financial Advisor with an extensive background in Forecasting in Financial Services and Politics. He has appeared many times on National TV and has written for a variety of magazines on Wealth Management and Election Strategy.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: