Thunder vs Warriors Prediction and Odds
Thunder vs Warriors Prediction and Odds: The bookmakers have predicted a win for the OKC Thunder against the Golden State Warriors.
The Oklahoma City Thunder (7-4) look to extend their winning streak to three games as they face the Golden State Warriors (6-6) at the Chase Center this Thursday night. The Thunder had a strong start to the season, securing the 5th position in the Western Conference after two consecutive victories. In their latest game, they dominated the San Antonio Spurs with a convincing 123-87 win.
On the other hand, the Golden State Warriors are grappling with a disappointing start, having suffered four consecutive defeats. Currently sitting in the 8th position in the Western Conference, the Warriors aim to bounce back from a 101-104 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last fixture.
Thunder vs Warriors Prediction and Odds: Home-Away Stats
The Golden State Warriors managed to win only 1 of the 5 home games in the current season.
The lone victory was secured against the Sacramento Kings, while defeats were suffered at the hands of teams such as the Minnesota Timberwolves (in two matches), Cleveland Cavaliers, and Phoenix Suns.
In the home games
- The Golden State Warriors scored 105.4 points per game.
- The Golden State Warriors conceded 109.4 points per game.
- Number of games that ended with a difference of 3 points or less: 2
- Number of games that ended with a difference of 4-10 points: 3
- Number of games that ended with a difference of more than 10 points: 0
The OKC Thunder have been good in the away games so far, winning 3 out of 4 away games.
They emerged victorious against the Phoenix Suns, Chicago Bulls, and Detroit Pistons. Their sole loss was against the Sacramento Kings.
In the away games
- The OKC Thunder scored 110.25 points per game.
- The OKC Thunder conceded 103.25 points per game.
- Number of games that ended with a difference of 3 points or less: 1
- Number of games that ended with a difference of 4-10 points: 0
- Number of games that ended with a difference of more than 10 points: 3
Thunder vs Warriors Prediction and Odds: Offense and Defense Comparisons
- The OKC Thunder are playing with an average of 111.9 points per game. Regarding shooting accuracy, they boast a 48.5% success rate in field goals, a 37.4% success rate in 3-pointers, and a 75.1% accuracy in free throws. Currently, Oklahoma is ranked 15th in offensive prowess, with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 112.8.
- The Golden State Warriors have maintained an average of 112.9 points per game, demonstrating a field goal accuracy of 44.5% and a three-point shooting proficiency of 34.8%. Their free throw success rate stands at 78.3%. With an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 114.4, the Warriors currently hold the 8th position in offensive performance.
- The OKC Thunder has conceded an average of 111.6 points per game. Opposing teams have a shooting accuracy of 43.9% from the field and 36.5% from beyond the 3-point line against them. The Thunder has an average of 47.4 rebounds per game, along with 8.1 steals and 5.3 blocks per game. The Thunder is ranked 12th in the offense with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 111.9.
- The Golden State Warriors are allowing an average of 110.8 points per game to their opponents. Teams facing the Warriors have recorded a 43.9% success rate in field goal shooting and a 33.7% accuracy from beyond the three-point line. Moreover, the Warriors are playing with an average of 44.5 rebounds per game, accompanied by 7.8 steals and 3.7 blocks per game. Positioned 10th among all teams in defensive performance, the Warriors present an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 111.5.
Thunder vs Warriors Prediction: Odds
The Oklahoma City Thunder is favored to win their upcoming game against the Golden State Warriors as per the latest prediction and odds.
- OKC Thunder: -2 (-111)
- Golden State Warriors: +2 (-111)
- OKC Thunder: -128
- Golden State Warriors: +109
Also Read: Suns vs Timberwolves Prediction and Odds
Thunder vs Warriors Prediction and Odds: Head-to-Head Stats
In the NBA, there have been 264 regular season encounters between the OKC Thunder and the Golden State Warriors. The OKC Thunder lead with 142 victories, while the Golden State Warriors have won 122 games.
Examining the most recent 5 meetings, the Warriors emerged victorious in 4 games, with the Thunder winning only once. The latest matchup occurred recently in the current season on November 3, 2023, where the Golden State Warriors secured a 141-139 win.
Head-to-Head Key Highlights: Last 5 Meetings
- The Number of Home Games won by the Golden State Warriors: 2
- The Number of Away Games won by the OKC Thunder: 0
- The Average Number of Total Points scored: 261.8
- The Average Number of Points scored by the Golden State Warriors: 114.0
- The Average Number of Points scored by the OKC Thunder: 134.8
Warriors vs Thunder Prediction and Odds: Players to Watch Out
Golden State Warriors
Stephen Curry (Point Guard)
Points Per Game: 30.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.6 | Assists Per Game: 3.9
Klay Thompson (Shooting Guard)
Points Per Game: 14.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.5 | Assists Per Game: 1.8
Jonathan Kuminga (Power Forward)
Points Per Game: 11.5 | Rebounds Per Game: 2.9 | Steals Per Game: 0.6
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Point Guard)
Points Per Game: 29.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.9 | Assists Per Game: 5.9
Jalen Williams (Forward)
Points Per Game: 17.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.0 | Assists Per Game: 3.5
Chet Holmgren (Power Forward)
Points Per Game: 15.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 7.5 | Blocks Per Game: 2.2
Warriors vs Thunder Prediction and Odds: Last Game Analysis
Golden State Warriors
The Golden State Warriors were unable to break their losing streak in the latest game, suffering a close three-point defeat to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Podziemski, coming off the bench, played for 39 minutes and achieved a career-high 23 points, securing seven boards and making three 3-pointers, including a buzzer-beater to conclude the third quarter. Saric, in his second start with Golden State, contributed 21 points on 6 of 15 shooting. Despite winning the rebound battle 46-42, the Warriors fell short in fast break points, losing 7-11 in that category.
Brandin Podziemski led the scoring for the Warriors off the bench. He added 23 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists. Dario Saric scored 21 points with 4 rebounds and 4 assists.
Making a comeback after being sidelined for the entire season due to back spasms, forward Kenrich Williams provided a much-needed boost to the Thunder. He made an impact by sinking his first shot, a 3-pointer, early in the second quarter. Additionally, Williams stole the ball from Wembanyama, setting up a fast-break dunk by Cason Wallace that propelled Oklahoma City to a 33-28 lead. Later in the game, Williams threw down an alley-oop dunk, courtesy of a lob from Wallace, extending Oklahoma City’s lead to 39-33. Williams concluded the game with a nine-point contribution in just 15 minutes of play.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander looked in excellent touch again as he finished with 28 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists. Josh Giddey gave a valuable contribution of 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists.
Thunder vs Warriors Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Warriors
- Offensive Advantage: Warriors
- Defensive Advantage: Parity
- Overall: Warriors to win
The OKC Thunder enter the upcoming game with confidence following an impressive season performance, aiming to seek redemption for their previous loss against the same opponent. On the other hand, the Golden State Warriors are eager to break their losing streak and return to winning ways when they face the Thunder on Thursday.