Sparks vs Storm Prediction and Odds
Sparks vs Storm Prediction and Odds: The LA Sparks are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The Los Angeles Sparks (3-2) will aim for their third consecutive win when they meet the Seattle Storm (0-4) in the upcoming WNBA clash. It will be the second meeting of the two sides in 3 days. The Sparks won the first matchup at Crypto.com Arena by 92-85. It has been a good season for them so far. Los Angeles is currently in the 3rd position in the Western Conference.
The Seattle Storm are yet to open their account with a win in the current season. They must find out some way to start winning games soon to avoid a disastrous campaign. The Storm are currently looking clueless in the last position in the Western Conference. Seattle needs to cash in the home advantage when they host the Sparks at Climate Pledge Arena to avenge the last defeat.
Sparks vs Storm Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Seattle Storm will be hosting this fixture. They faced 3 back-to-back defeats at home this season. The losses came against the likes of the Las Vegas Aces, Dallas Wings, and New York Liberty.
The LA Sparks will be the visiting side. They won 1 and lost 1 away fixture. The Sparks won against the Phoenix Mercury, while the defeat came against the Las Vegas Aces.
Sparks vs Storm Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: LA Sparks
- The LA Sparks are playing in the current WNBA season with an average of 85.8 points per game. They shot 42.1% from the field and 36.8% beyond the 3-point line. The free throw success rate stands at 84.4%.
- The Seattle Storm have maintained a scoring rate of 77.7 points per game as of now. In shooting, they have a conversion rate of 37.7% in field goals, 32.3% in 3-pointers, and 78.6% in free throws.
Defensive Advantage: LA Sparks
- The LA Sparks have allowed 87.8 points per game this season. They played with an average of 34.5 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 7.3 and 6.8 respectively. The Sparks have their opposition’s shooting accuracy at 47.9% in field goals, and 33.3% in 3-pointers.
- The Seattle Storm have conceded 95.3 points per game so far. They maintained an average of 38.0 rebounds, with 5.0 steals and 8.3 blocks per game. The Storm allowed the opponents to play with a shooting conversion rate of 51.5% in field goals, and 43.8% in 3-pointers which clearly shows Seattle has been poor in the defense.
Sparks vs Storm Odds
Although the game is set to take place in the home arena of the Seattle Storm, they have failed to capitalize on the home advantage this season. On the other hand, the LA Sparks have the winning momentum on their side.
The Moneyline for this contest will be released soon.
- LA Sparks:
- Seattle Storm:
Also Read: Man City vs Inter Prediction and Stats
Sparks vs Storm Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 46 matchups between these two teams in the WNBA so far. The LA Sparks have a slight upper hand with 24 wins, while the Seattle Storm won 22 games.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, 3 games were won by the Sparks and 2 by the Storm. The previous meeting took place recently on 4 June 2023. The LA Sparks registered a 92-85 win in that contest.
H2H Key Highlights: Last 5 Meetings
- Number of away games won by the LA Sparks: 1
- Number of home games won by the Seattle Storm: 1
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 162.2
- Average Number of Points Scored by the LA Sparks: 81.4
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Seattle Storm: 80.8
Sparks vs Storm Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Nneka Ogwumike (Forward): Points Per Game: 20.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 8.8 | Steals Per Game: 1.5
- Lexie Brown (Guard): Points Per Game: 14.4 | Rebounds Per Game: 2.6 | Steals Per Game: 1.2
- Chiney Ogwumike (Forward): Points Per Game: 12.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.3 | Steals Per Game: 1.8
- Jewell Lloyd (Guard): Points Per Game: 28.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.8 | Blocks Per Game: 1.5
- Ezi Magbegor (Center): Points Per Game: 12.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 10.0 | Blocks Per Game: 2.0
- Kia Nurse (Guard): Points Per Game: 7.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.0 | Steals Per Game: 1.0
Sparks vs Storm Prediction: Last Game Analysis
A stellar show by Nneka Ogwumike helped the LA Sparks win the last game against the Seattle Storm. The Storm faced their fourth consecutive defeat this season which is their worst start since 2000. A 3-pointer from Jewell Lloyd gave a 2-point lead to the Storm with 3:36 remaining. But the Sparks responded by scoring 17 of the next 23 points which put Seattle on the back foot. It became almost an impossible task for the Storm to bounce back with the time left and the Sparks won the game by 7 points.
The Storm won 37-34 on rebounds. But they were outscored 44-20 by the Sparks in the paint. Seattle also committed 18 turnovers which became one of the main reasons for their loss.
Nneka Ogwumike had a memorable night as she finished with 27 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists for the Sparks. Layshia Clarendon contributed 16 points with 6 assists.
Jewell Lloyd fought like a lone warrior again. She kept Seatte’s chances alive with her brilliant performance of 37 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists. Ezi Magbegor scored 14 points with 9 rebounds.
Sparks vs Storm Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Storm
- Momentum Advantage: Sparks
- Offensive Advantage: Sparks
- Defensive Advantage: Sparks
- Overall: Sparks to win
The LA Sparks are likely to continue the same dominating performance against the Storm in the next game as well. On the other hand, it seems like a mammoth task for the Seattle Storm to avoid another defeat. They need to improve a lot in the defense which is looking clueless at the moment. Moreover, Jewell Lloyd needs support from other players too.
As per the odds and stats, the LA Sparks are expected to win this matchup.