Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction and Odds
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction and Odds: The Memphis Grizzlies are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The Los Angeles Lakers will aim to wrap up the first-round playoffs of the Western Conference with another win in Game 5 at FedExForum Arena. The Lakers are right on top after taking a 3-1 lead in the series.
The Memphis Grizzlies started with a home defeat. They tied the series in Game 2 but two back-to-back away losses have put them on the back foot. The Grizzlies must find some way to dominate the Lakers in order to stay alive in the competition.
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Playoff Series Summary
The LA Lakers have looked in excellent touch so far. They defeated the Grizzlies in an away clash in Game 1. The Lakers lost the second game but made a solid comeback to take a 2-game lead. Highlights:
- LeBron James has made sure not to disappoint his fans in the postseason. He has been fantastic so far, averaging 24.0 points per game with an impressive average of 13.0 rebounds per game. He got good support from Anthony Davis too.
- The Memphis Grizzlies lacked the offensive firepower to trouble the opposition in the playoffs. They played with a low average of 106.8 points per game. Ja Morant has been the top performer as he is playing with an average of 27.3 points and 7.3 assists per game.
- Overall, the Lakers have been the better side in both offense and defense against the Grizzlies.
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Memphis Grizzlies will be the hosts for Game 5. They had an amazing home record of 35-6 in the regular season. In the last 5 home matchups, they won 4 and lost.
It will be an away contest for the LA Lakers. In the regular season, they won 20 out of 21 away fixtures. The Lakers won 3 of the last 5 away games.
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: LA Lakers
- The LA Lakers have maintained a scoring rate of 112.3 points per game in the playoffs. They shot 46.0% from the field and 31.5% from the 3-point line. The free throw success rate stands at 81.1%. The Lakers ended the regular season as the 20th-ranked team in the attack with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 114.4.
- The Memphis Grizzlies played with an average of 106.8 points per game. In shooting, they have a conversion rate of 41.6% in field goals, 30.1% in 3-pointers, and 85.9% in free throws. The Grizzlies were ranked 14 in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 114.8.
Defensive Advantage: Memphis Grizzlies
- The LA Lakers have conceded 106.8 points per game. They played with an average of 48.0 rebounds per game. The average number of rebounds and the average of blocks per game are currently at 7.0 and 9.3 respectively. The Lakers were rated 113.9 on defense with a rank of 13 in the league.
- The Memphis Grizzlies have given away 112.3 points per game in the postseason. They maintained an average of 45.5 rebounds along with 6.0 steals and 4.3 blocks per game. With an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 111.2, the Grizzlies were the 2nd-best side in defense.
Lakers vs Grizzlies Odds
The home advantage will be on the side of the Memphis Grizzlies. However, the LA Lakers are likely to give no chance of a comeback to the Grizzlies. Interestingly, most of the prediction and betting sites listed on bettingapps.com are favoring the Grizzlies.
- LA Lakers: +4 (-108)
- Memphis Grizzlies: -4 (-112)
- LA Lakers: +155
- Memphis Grizzlies: -175
- LA Lakers: 44%
- Memphis Grizzlies: 56%
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Last Game Analysis
The LA Lakers consolidated their chances of progressing to the next round with a thrilling win in overtime of Game 4 against the Memphis Grizzlies. The contest was all about the supremacy of LeBron James. King LeBron tied the scores with a layup when 0.8 seconds were remaining. He also scored 4 crucial points in overtime to seal a 6-point win for his side.
The Lakers won 52-40 on rebounds. They shot 43.6% from the field while restricting the Grizzlies to 39.6%.
LeBron James finished another memorable night of his well-decorated career with 22 points. He also added 20 rebounds and 7 assists. Austin Reaves added 23 points with 4 rebounds and 6 assists.
Desmond Bane fought hard to keep the Grizzlies’ chances alive. He finished with 36 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists. Ja Morant didn’t look at his best but he managed to score 19 points with 4 rebounds and 7 assists.
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
This is the first meeting of both these teams in the NBA Playoffs. In the regular season, they played 102 regular season games against each other. The LA Lakers have the upper hand with 63 wins, while the LA Lakers won 39 games.
There were 3 matchups between the two sides in the regular season of the NBA 2022-23. The equation stood at 2-1 in favor of the Lakers. The Lakers are currently leading the Round 1 Playoffs by 3-1.
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- LeBron James (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 24.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 13.0 | Assists Per Game: 5.0
- Anthony Davis (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 19.5 | Rebounds Per Game: 12.3 | Blocks Per Game: 4.8
- Rui Hachimura (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 18.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.5 | Assists Per Game: 1.0
- Ja Morant (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 27.3 | Assists Per Game: 7.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.3
- Desmond Bane (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 23.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.3 | Assists Per Game: 3.0
- Jaren Jackson Jr. (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 19.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 8.3 | Blocks Per Game: 2.5
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Prediction: Season Recap
The LA Lakers took time to bring out their best. They looked slightly out of touch in the initial fixtures. The decision to acquire D’Angelo Russell proved good as the Lakers were brilliant after the NBA trade. Los Angeles finished the regular season in the 7th position in the Western Conference with 43 wins and 39 losses. The away win against the Grizzlies gave Los Angeles a good momentum to start the postseason. They eventually capitalized on it and are on the verge of winning the series.
LeBron James stood apart in another season. Anthony Davis also performed consistently well throughout the campaign.
The Memphis Grizzlies looked in fantastic touch from the start of the season. Despite a poor away record, their dominance at the home arena helped them finish 2nd in the Western Conference. The Grizzlies had 51 wins and 31 defeats. They started the playoffs with a disappointing home loss in Game 1. Memphis bounced back in Game 2 but two consecutive away defeats have put them on the back foot.
Ja Morant has been the star performer for the Grizzlies in the current season. Desmond Bane also gave many valuable contributions.
Grizzlies vs Lakers Game 5 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Grizzlies
- Momentum Advantage: Lakers
- Offensive Advantage: Lakers
- Defensive Advantage: Grizzlies
- Overall: Grizzlies to win
The LA Lakers will look to put pressure on the Grizzlies with an early lead. They can surely seal the series if James and Davis have another good day. On the other hand, the Memphis Grizzlies are likely to try their best and keep themselves alive in the series. They will aim for a dominating home win against the Lakers.
As per the odds, the Memphis Grizzlies are expected to win this fixture.