Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction and Odds
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction and Odds: The Boston Celtics are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
It’s time to decide the winner of the East as the Miami Heat are set to square off with the Boston Celtics in the Conference Finals. Game 1 of the series is scheduled tonight at TD Garden, the home of the Celtics. The Heat have kept their championship hopes alive with a 4-2 win against the New York Knicks in the Semifinal round.
The Boston Celtics would like to capitalize on the home advantage and take a crucial lead when they host the Heat in the first game of the Finals. It took the Celtics 7 games to hand a 4-3 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers in the last series.
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction: Season Summary
It has been a tough journey for the Miami Heat this season. They struggled in the initial phase of the campaign. However, the Heat fought hard to earn a Play-In spot with an 8th-position finish to the regular season with 44 wins and 38 defeats. Miami defeated the Chicago Bulls in the second Play-In clash to qualify for the postseason. In the playoffs, they registered back-to-back series wins against the Milwaukee Bucks (4-1) and the New York Knicks (4-2) to stay alive in the title race and progress to the Conference Finals.
The Boston Celtics looked in excellent touch in the regular season right from the start. They finished in the second position of the Eastern Conference with 57 wins and 25 losses. The Celtics met the Atlanta Hawks in Round 1 of the playoffs. Boston secured a 4-2 win in that round. In the Semifinal round, they faced a strong fight from the Philadelphia 76ers. However, the Celtics were successful in qualifying for the final round with a home win in the final match of the series.
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Boston Celtics will be the hosts for Game 1. They had a fantastic home record of 32-9 in the regular season. The Celtics won 5 out of 8 matchups at home in the playoffs till now.
It will be an away contest for the Miami Heat. They managed to win 17 out of 41 away fixtures in the regular season. In the postseason, Miami is 3-3 in the away games so far.
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Boston Celtics
- The Boston Celtics have maintained a scoring rate of 115.5 points per game in the current postseason. They shot 48.7% from the field and 39.5% from the 3-point line. The free throw accuracy is currently at 82.1%. In the regular season, the Celtics were the 2nd-best side in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 117.9.
- The Miami Heat are playing with an average of 113.3 points per game In shooting, they have a conversion rate of 46.9% in field goals, 36.8% in 3-pointers, and 79.3% in free throws. The Heat were ranked 25th in the attack with an Adjusted Offensive rating of 113.2.
Defensive Advantage: Boston Celtics
- The Boston Celtics have conceded 108.3 points per game as of now. They restricted the opposition teams to 44.3% from the field and 35.3% from the 3-point line. The Celtics have played with an average of 41.7 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 7.4 and 5.5 respectively. The Celtics finished the regular season as the 3rd-ranked side with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 111.3.
- The Miami Heat have given away 108.8 points per game in the postseason so far. They allowed accuracy of 45.5%in field goals and 33.8% in 3-pointers to the opposition. Miami has maintained an average of 44.9 rebounds along with 5.5 steals and 4.0 blocks per game. Miami was rated 113.4 on the defense in the regular season with a rank of 8 in the league.
Heat vs Celtics Game 1 Odds
The Boston Celtics will start as home favorites in Game 1 of the series.
- Miami Heat: +7.5 (-110)
- Boston Celtics: -7.5 (-110)
- Miami Heat: +260
- Boston Celtics: -350
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
Both these teams have met 30 times in the NBA Playoffs. The Miami Heat have the slight upper hand with 16 wins, while the Boston Celtics were on the winning side in 14 games.
These two teams met in the Eastern Conference Finals of the last season too. The series went right down to the wire and the Boston Celtics emerged victorious in that series by 4-3.
In the regular season, there have been 133 games between these two sides till now. The Boston Celtics are leading with 80 wins, while the Miami Heat managed to win 53 games.
In the current NBA season, the equation stood at 2-2 among these two teams.
H2H Key Highlights: Last 5 Playoff Meetings
- Number of away games won by the Miami Heat: 2
- Number of home games won by the Boston Celtics: 1
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 195.8
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Miami Heat: 95.6
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Boston Celtics: 100.2
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Jimmy Butler (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 31.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.6 | Assists Per Game: 5.4
- Bam Adebayo (Center): Points Per Game: 18.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 9.2 | Assists Per Game: 3.5
- Tyler Herro (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 12.0 | Assists Per Game: 2.0 | Blocks Per Game: 1.0
- Jayson Tatum (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 28.2 | Rebounds Per Game: 10.6 | Assists Per Game: 5.2
- Jaylen Brown (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 24.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.3 | Steals Per Game: 1.0
- Marcus Smart (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 15.8 | Assists Per Game: 5.1 | Steals Per Game: 1.2
Celtics vs Heat Game 1 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Celtics
- H2H Advantage: Celtics
- Offensive Advantage: Celtics
- Defensive Advantage: Celtics
- Overall: Celtics to win
The Miami Heat will have no margin of error against the mighty Celtics in an away game. However, they surely have the potential to stun the Celtics. On the other hand, the Boston Celtics would like to start the series on a positive note with a home win. Considering the pressure of the finals, the team that gets hold of its nerves better is likely to excel in the series.
As per the odds and stats, the Boston Celtics are expected to win Game 1.