Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction and Odds
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction and Odds: The Boston Celtics are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
With both teams winning 2 games each, the Eastern Conference Semifinals between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Boston Celtics is looking quite interesting. The two teams will square off again in Game 5 at TD Garden. The 76ers have the winning momentum after a thrilling 116-115 win against the Celtics in OT of the last game. Philadelphia can put pressure on Boston by handing them a home loss in the next fixture.
The Boston Celtics will aim to bounce back at home and take a crucial lead against the 76ers. They almost became successful in winning the last away matchup against the 76ers. The Celtics can win this series if they don’t drop any more home games. They are likely to go all guns blazing in Game 5.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction: Playoff Series Summary
The current series is nicely poised at 2-2 so far. In Round 1 of the Playoffs, the Philadelphia 76ers registered a clean sweep 4-0 win against the Brooklyn Nets. On the other hand, the Boston Celtics defeated the Atlanta Hawks by 4-2.
- Joel Embiid is leading the scoring chart for the 76ers in the postseason. He is averaging 21.0 points per game. James Harden, with an average of 20.3 points per game is looking in excellent touch as well. His 42 points in the last game helped the 76ers level the series.
- Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are the top performers for the Boston Celtics this season. They played well in the playoffs as well. Both players are averaging 25+ points per game. Tyrese Maxey has also given some valuable contributions. He has an average of 19.9 points per game.
- The Philadelphia 76ers haven’t been at their best in the offense. However, their defense is looking solid. The Boston Celtics have the best point-scoring average in the postseason which means they have done a commendable job in the attack.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Philadelphia 76ers looked really good in the away fixtures till now. They won 25 out of 41 away games in the regular season. The 76ers won 3 out of 4 away matchups in the playoffs as of now.
The Boston Celtics have been fantastic at home. They had an excellent home record of 32-9 in the regular season. In the postseason, the Celtics are 3-2 at TD Garden so far.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Philadelphia 76ers
- The Philadelphia 76ers have maintained a scoring rate of 103.3 points per game in the postseason. They shot 44.4% from the field and 39.1% from the 3-point line. The free throw conversion rate stands at 87.8%. The 76ers were ranked 3rd in the attack with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 117.9.
- The Boston Celtics are playing with a high scoring average of 119.7 points per game in the playoffs. In shooting, they have a success rate of 50.6% in field goals, 39.6% in 3-pointers, and 84.6% in free throws. In the regular season, the Celtics were the 2nd-best side in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 117.9.
Defensive Advantage: Parity
- The Philadelphia 76ers have conceded 110.9 points per game this season. They played with an average of 43.6 rebounds per game. The average number of steals per game is currently at 7.6, while the average number of blocks per game stands at 5.1. The 76ers were rated 113.5 on defense with a rank of 9 in the league.
- The Boston Celtics have allowed 111.4 points per game so far. They maintained an average of 44.3 rebounds along with 6.3 steals and 6.9 blocks per game. With an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 111.3, the Celtics ranked 3rd in the defense.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Odds
The Boston Celtics will start as home favorites in Game 5.
- Philadelphia 76ers: +7 (-108)
- Boston Celtics: -7 (-115)
- Philadelphia 76ers: +255
- Boston Celtics: -400
- Philadelphia 76ers: 30%
- Boston Celtics: 70%
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
The 76ers-Celtics rivalry is a famous battle in the NBA. The two teams have the most number of encounters in the NBA Playoffs among any two sides. There have been 113 playoff meetings between them till now. The Boston Celtics are ahead with 64 wins, while the Philadelphia 76ers won 49 games.
The previous postseason clash took place in Round 1 of the Eastern Conference in the year 2020. The Boston Celtics registered a 4-0 clean sweep win in that series.
In the regular season, the two teams met 463 times. The Boston Celtics have the upper hand with 267 wins, while the Philadelphia 76ers managed to win 196 games.
The Celtics were 3-1 against the 76ers in the regular season of the NBA 2022-23.
H2H Key Highlights: Last 5 Playoff Meetings
- Number of home games won by the Boston Celtics: 1
- Number of away games won by the Philadelphia 76ers: 1
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 221.0
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Philadelphia 76ers: 106.0
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Boston Celtics: 115.0
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Joel Embiid (Center): Points Per Game: 21.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 10.0 | Blocks Per Game: 3.2
- James Harden (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 20.3 | Assists Per Game: 8.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.6
- Tyrese Maxey (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 19.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.3 | Steals Per Game: 1.4
- Jayson Tatum (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 26.2 | Rebounds Per Game: 9.8 | Assists Per Game: 5.0
- Jaylen Brown (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 25.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.3 | Steals Per Game: 1.2
- Marcus Smart (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 15.8 | Assists Per Game: 4.9 | Blocks Per Game: 1.4
Note: Offensive and Defensive Advantages are mentioned as per the stats in the NBA Postseason.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Prediction: Last Game Analysis
The contest went right down to the wire when the Boston Celtics and the Philadelphia 76ers locked horns in Game 4. James Harden turned out to be the man who made the difference in crunch moments. His floater with 16 seconds in the regulation time saved the 76ers from a home defeat and tied the scores. Harden continued to dominate the Celtics in overtime as well. He made a crucial 3-pointer with 18 seconds left in OT which sealed the game for the 76ers.
The Celtics shot better than the 76ers from both field and 3-point line. They also won 22-9 in the fast break points. Despite winning most of the stats, the Celtics crumbled under pressure which resulted in their defeat.
James Harden finished his stellar show with 42 points, 8 rebounds, and 9 assists. Joel Embiid added 34 points with 13 rebounds and 4 assists.
Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown were the key performers for Boston. Both of them added 47 points, 21 rebounds, and 11 assists together.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 5 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Celtics
- Momentum Advantage: 76ers
- H2H Advantage: Celtics
- Offensive Advantage: Celtics
- Defensive Advantage: None
- Overall: Celtics to win
The Philadelphia 76ers need to bring out their absolute best to win the upcoming away game against the Celtics. They will improve their chances of winning the series to a great extent by dominating the Celtics at their home. On the other hand, the Boston Celtics will aim for a solid home win to go 3-2 up. It is likely to be another thriller in Game 5.
As per the odds and stats, the Boston Celtics are expected to win this fixture.