Rays vs Orioles Prediction and Odds
Rays vs Orioles Prediction: The Tampa Bay Rays are favored to win this game as per stats and bookmakers.
The Tampa Bay Rays will look to continue their supremacy in the American League East when they meet the Baltimore Orioles in the upcoming MLB match. The Rays have been in excellent touch this season. They dominated the opposition sides in both home and away games so far. The Rays are currently leading the AL East with 29 wins and 7 defeats.
The Baltimore Orioles will aim for an important home series win when they host the Rays in the next series at Oriole Park. It has been a good campaign for the Orioles. They will aim to improve their chances of closing the gap with the Rays by winning the next 3 home matchups. The Orioles are currently in the 2nd position in the AL East. They have 22 wins and 13 losses.
Rays vs Orioles Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Tampa Bay Rays looked invincible at home. They won 19 out of 22 home fixtures this season. The Rays have a solid record in the away games too, winning 10 out of 14 matchups.
The Baltimore Orioles have an impressive home record of 9-5 as of now. In the away games, they won 13 out of 21 so far.
Rays vs Orioles Prediction: Key Stats
Batting Advantage: Tampa Bay Rays
- The Tampa Rays is the best batting side in the tournament till now. They have maintained a Batting Average of .277 this season. The number of Hits and Home Runs are currently at 310 and 69 respectively. They have their On Base Percentage at .349.
- The Baltimore Orioles are playing with a Batting Average of .261 in the current season. They added 281 Hits and 41 Home Runs so far. Their On Base Percentage stands at .342.
Pitching Advantage: Tampa Bay Rays
- The Tampa Bay Rays are leading the table in Pitching too. They have not given any chance to the opposition batters this season. The Rays have an Earned Run Average of 2.90. They restricted the batters to play with a Batting Average of only .207. The Average Whip is currently at 1.10.
- The Baltimore Orioles haven’t looked convincing in Pitching so far. Their Earned Run Average stands at 4.58. The Orioles allowed the opponents a Batting Average of .259. They played with an Average Whip of 1.35.
Rays vs Orioles Odds
The home advantage will be on the side of the Baltimore Orioles. But the Tampa Bay Rays are coming off a solid momentum. They have been outstanding this season. The Rays seem to have a good chance of winning another series.
The Spread and Moneyline for this matchup will be released soon.
- Tampa Bay Rays: -1.5 (-102)
- Baltimore Orioles: +1.5 (-118)
- Tampa Bay Rays: -178
- Baltimore Orioles: +150
Rays vs Orioles Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 31 matches between these two sides in the MLB. The Tampa Bay Rays have the upper hand with 20 wins, while the Baltimore Orioles were won the winning side in 11 games. Out of 266 rounds, 162 were won by the Rays and 104 by the Rays.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, 3 games were won by the Rays and 2 by the Orioles. The previous clash took place in the current season on 5 March 2023. The Baltimore Orioles registered a 5-2 win in that match.
Head-to-Head: Key Highlights of the Season
Tampa Bay Rays
- Home Win%: 80.0%
- Away Win: 50.0%
- Points Per Game: 5.2
- Home Points Per Game: 5.9
- Away Points Per Game: 4.6
- Home Win%: 50.0%
- Away Win: 20.0%
- Points Per Game: 3.4
- Home Points Per Game: 3.6
- Away Points Per Game: 3.1
Rays vs Orioles Prediction: Players to Watch Out
Tampa Bay Rays
- Yandy Diaz (1B): Batting Average: 0.327 | Home Runs: 9 | On Base Percentage: 0.436
- Randy Arozarena (LF): Runs Batted In: 30 | Hits: 40 | On Base Percentage: 0.397
- Wander Franco (SS): Batting Average: 0.302 | Hits: 39 | On Base Percentage: 0.366
- Jorge Mateo (SS): Batting Average: 0.307 | Hits: 27 | On Base Percentage: 0.357
- Ryan Mountcastle (1B): Home Runs: 8 | Hits: 35 | On Base Percentage: 0.412
- Cedric Mullins (CF): Runs Batted In: 21 | Hits: 29 | On Base Percentage: 0.307
Rays vs Orioles Prediction: Last Game Analysis
Tampa Bay Rays
The Tampa Bay Rays are coming off a 2-1 home win against the New York Yankees. In the final fixture, they secured an exciting 8-7 win in 10 innings. Gerrit Cole had an ordinary as he failed to hold a lead of 6 runs by allowing 2 Home Runs. Homers from Anthony Rizzo and Harrison Bader gave a 6-0 lead to the Yankees before the Rays went on a surge to make it 7-6. Jose Siri and Christian Bethancourt were the key performers for Tampa Bay.
The Baltimore Orioles faced a 2-1 loss against the Atlanta Braves in the last away matchup. They lost the last match of the series by 2-3. Michael Harris II sealed the contest for the Braves with a double off Cionel Perez in the 12th inning. The defeat ended the 7-series winning streak of the Orioles. Tyler Wells performed well for the Orioles in pitching as he gave up just 1 run and 3 hits in 5 innings. Anthony Santander’s single gave Baltimore a 1-run lead in the 10th inning.
Rays vs Orioles Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Orioles
- Batting Advantage: Rays
- Pitching Advantage: Rays
- Overall: Rays to win
The Tampa Rays need to be at their absolute best despite an excellent campaign so far. They just can’t take the Orioles lightly in their home field. On the other hand, the Baltimore Orioles will aim to dominate the Rays at home and win the series. It is likely to be a thrilling matchup.
As per the stats, the Tampa Bay Rays are expected to win this series.