Nationals vs Giants Prediction and Odds
Nationals vs Giants Prediction: The San Francisco Giants are favored to win this game as per stats and bookmakers.
A crucial matchup in the National League is lined up as the Washington Nationals are set to square off with the San Francisco Giants in the upcoming MLB match. It hasn’t been a convincing campaign for the Nationals this season. They are currently struggling in the last position of the NL East with 15 wins and 20 defeats. The Nationals can aim for a turnaround with an away win against the Giants. They started on a high with a 5-1 win in the first match.
The San Francisco Giants will look to capitalize on the winning momentum at home and dominate the Nationals at Oracle Park in the next series. San Francisco is currently in the 3rd position in the NL West. They have 15 wins and 19 losses so far.
Nationals vs Giants Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Washington Nationals have failed to cash in the home advantage till now. Out of 18 home fixtures, they managed to win just 6. In the away games, they have a record of 7-8 as of now.
The San Francisco Giants looked decent at home as they have won 9 out of 16 home games. The Giants have an away record of 6-10 in the current season.
Nationals vs Giants Prediction: Key Stats
Batting Advantage: Washington Nationals
- The Washington Nationals have batted with a Batting Average of .249 as of now. They added 277 Hits and 21 Home Runs. The Nationals have their On Base Percentage at .311.
- The San Francisco Giants have maintained a Batting Average of .238 this season. The number of Hits and Home Runs are currently at 259 and 53 respectively. They kept their On Base Percentage at .319.
Pitching Advantage: Parity
- The Washington Nationals have been below-par in pitching so far. They have an Earned Run Average of 4.42. The Nationals allowed the opposition batters to bat with a Batting Average of .260. They have an Average Whip of 1.41.
- The San Francisco Giants also seemed to struggle at pitching in the current season. They played with an Earned Run Average of 4.43 till now. The Giants have their Opponent’s Batting Average at .259. The Average Whips is currently at 1.31.
Nationals vs Giants Odds
Both teams looked inconsistent in the current MLB season. The home advantage will be on the side of the San Francisco Giants. We predict a win for the Giants in this series.
- Washington Nationals: +1.5 (-130)
- San Francisco Giants: -1.5 (-108)
- Washington Nationals: +170
- San Francisco Giants: -222
Read: Rays vs Orioles Prediction and Odds
Nationals vs Giants Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
Both these teams have met 31 games in the MLB so far. The battle looks quite close as the San Francisco Giants won 16 games, while the Washington Nationals were on the winning side in 15 matches. Out of 220 rounds, 111 were won by the Giants and 109 by the Nationals.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, 3 matches were won by the Giants and 2 by the Nationals. The previous clash took place in the last season on 2 May 2022. The Washington Nationals registered an 11-5 victory in that meeting.
Head-to-Head: Key Highlights of the Season
- Home Win%: 35.3%
- Away Win: 64.3%
- Points Per Game: 3.5
- Home Points Per Game: 2.4
- Away Points Per Game: 4.9
San Francisco Giants
- Home Win%: 35.7%
- Away Win: 64.7%
- Points Per Game: 3.6
- Home Points Per Game: 3.5
- Away Points Per Game: 3.6
Nationals vs Giants Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Victor Robles (CF): Batting Average: .292 | On Base Percentage: .388 | Hits: 26
- Joey Meneses (DH): Hits: 35 | Batting Average: .265 | On Base Percentage: 0.291
- Jeimer Candelario (3B): Home Runs: 4 | Hits: 29 | On Base Percentage: 0.275
San Francisco Giants
- Thairo Estrada (2B): Hits: 41 | On Base Percentage: 0.391 | Batting Average: .336
- J.D. Davis (3B): Home Runs: 7 | On Base Percentage: .438 | On Base Percentage: 0.358
- LaMonte Wade Jr. (CF): On Base Percentage: .438 | Batting Average: .250 | Home Runs: 6
Giants vs Nationals Prediction: Last Game Analysis
The Washington Nationals lost their last series against the Arizona Diamondbacks by 2-1. However, a 9-8 win in the third game gave the winning momentum to the Giants before the next away series. Lourdes Gourdes Jr. helped the Dbacks gain an 8-6 lead in the 9th inning with his 2 homers and 4 RBI. Joey Meneses gave a match-winning performance for the Giants with a 3-run homer in the 9th inning. He had 4 RBI as well.
San Francisco Giants
The San Francisco Giants registered a 2-1 home win against the Milwaukee Brewers in the last clash. The last game didn’t go their way as they faced a crushing 3-7 defeat. 2 Home Runs from Willy Adames and William Contreras put the Giants on the back foot. Brett Wisely’s home run in the 2nd inning tied the contest. Thairo Estrada homered too in the 9th inning but a disappointing performance from the pitching staff couldn’t avoid a defeat for San Francisco. The Brewers ended their 6-match losing streak with a win against the Giants.
Nationals vs Giants Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Giants
- Batting Advantage: Nationals
- Pitching Advantage: None
- Overall: Giants to win
The Washington Nationals will need a much-improved performance to stun the Giants at home. They haven’t looked in sublime form this season. A complete team effort is required to trouble San Francisco in the upcoming series. On the other hand, the San Francisco Giants will back themselves for a crucial home series win against the Nationals. A win against Washington will improve their chances of going up in the NL West.
As per the stats, the San Francisco Giants are expected to win this contest.