Chicago Cubs vs Miami Marlins Prediction and Odds
Chicago Cubs vs Miami Marlins Prediction: The Chicago Cubs are favored to win this game as per stats and bookmakers.
The Miami Marlins have a crucial away game ahead as they are set to meet the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in the upcoming MLB series today. The Cubs registered a 4-1 win in the first game of the series. The two sides locked horns recently last week in Miami. The Marlins crushed the Cubs in that series by winning all three home matchups. Overall, Miami has had an average campaign so far. They are currently in the 3rd position in the National League East with 16 wins and 13 defeats. The Marlins lost their last series against the Atlanta Braves by 0-3.
The Chicago Cubs will aim to pay back the Marlins by dominating them in the next series. The Cubs haven’t been at their best in recent fixtures. They will aim for another solid home performance against Miami to capitalize on the winning momentum. Chicago is currently in the 3rd position in the National League Central. They have 15 wins and 16 defeats. The Cubs ended their last series with a 1-3 defeat against the Washington Nationals.
Chicago Cubs vs Miami Marlins Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Miami Marlins have been good at home, winning 10 out of 19 games this season. In the away games, they managed to win 6 out of 14 fixtures.
The Chicago Cubs have a home record of 9-8 in the current season. Their away performance looks decent with 7 wins and 8 losses.
Cubs vs Marlins Prediction: Key Stats
Batting Advantage: Chicago Cubs
- The Miami Marlins have kept their Batting Average at .249 as of now. They added 254 Hits and 27 Home Runs. Their On Base Percentage is currently at 0.308.
- The Chicago Cubs are the second-best side in batting so far. They are playing with a Batting Average of .272. They have a total of 282 Hits and 40 Home Runs. The Cubs have their On Base Percentage at .345.
Pitching Advantage: Chicago Cubs
- The Miami Marlins haven’t been good at restricting the opposition batters. They have their Earned Run Average at 4.78. The Marlins have allowed the opponents to bat at an average of .252. The Average Whip stands at 1.36.
- The Chicago Cubs have decent stats in pitching. The Earned Run Average stands at 3.54. The Opposition Batting Average is currently at .225 which means Chicago’s pitching staff have not allowed the batters to dominate. They have an average Whip of 1.19 this season.
Marlins vs Cubs Odds
Despite a disappointing run in recent matches, the odds are favoring the Chicago Cubs for this fixture. The odds and predictions for this game are in favor of the Chicago Cubs.
- Miami Marlins: +150
- Chicago Cubs: -180
Chicago Cubs vs Miami Marlins Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 57 encounters between the two sides in the MLB. The Chicago Cubs have the upper hand with 31 wins, while the Miami Marlins were on the winning side in 26 games.
Points Scored: Miami Marlins: 216 | Chicago Cubs: 252
If we check out the last 5 matchups, 3 games were won by the Marlins and 2 by the Cubs. The previous meeting took place yesterday on 5 May 2023. The Chicago Cubs secured a 4-1 win against the Miami Marlins in that matchup.
Cubs vs Marlins Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Luis Arraez (2B): Batting Average: .432 | Hits: 41 | On Base Percentage: .491
- Jorge Soler (DH): Home Runs: 5 | Hits: 21 | On Base Percentage: .284
- Garrett Cooper (1B): Runs Batted In: 13 | Home Runs: 3 | Batting Average: 0.272
- Ian Happ (LF): Batting Average: 0.308 | On Base Percentage: .425 | Hits: 32
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): Home Runs: 11 | Runs Batted In: 21 | On Base Percentage: .625
- Nico Hoerner (2B): Hits: 40 | Batting Average: .305 | On Base Percentage: 0.352
Chicago Cubs vs Miami Marlins Prediction: Last Game Analysis
It was a crushing defeat for the Miami Marlins when they hosted the Atlanta Braves in the last fixture. The Cubs allowed the Braves to go deep six times. Homers from Marcell Ozuna and Ronald Acuna Jr. put the Marlins on the back foot. One of the homers from Ozuna was Atlanta’s first grand slam of the season. It was a tough day for Braxton Garrett as he allowed 14 hits, 11 runs, and 14 home runs. Overall, Miami’s pitching staff was under constant pressure against the blazing Atlanta batters.
The Chicago Cubs faced a 4-3 defeat against the Washington Nationals in the last game. The Cubs fought hard after trailing by 3 points and leveled the score line. But Washington sealed the contest at last, thanks to the match-winning homer by Alex Call. Patrick Corbin’s brilliant innings put the Nationals ahead initially. Cody Bellinger added 2 Home Runs for the Cubs. James Taillon gave away 3 Hits and 3 Runs to Washington.
Marlins vs Cubs Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Cubs
- Momentum Advantage: Cubs
- H2H Advantage: Cubs
- Batting Advantage: Cubs
- Pitching Advantage: Cubs
- Overall: Cubs to win
The Miami Marlins will be confident enough after registering a 3-0 win against the Cubs in the last series. However, the challenge will be different this time as it will be an away contest. On the other hand, the Chicago Cubs will be desperate to return to winning ways at home. They need a better performance from the pitching staff to make things difficult for the visitors. The last few results have not gone their way. It is likely to be a close encounter.
As per the odds and stats, the Chicago Cubs are expected to win this matchup.