Giants vs Phillies Prediction and Odds
Giants vs Phillies Prediction and Odds: The San Francisco Giants are favored to win this game as per stats and bookmakers.
In a crucial National League series, the Philadelphia Phillies are set to lock horns with the San Francisco Giants at Oracle Park. The Phillies looked good in recent matches. They will aim for their third straight series win when they meet the Giants. Philadelphia is currently in the 3rd position in the National League East with 20 wins and 21 defeats.
The San Francisco Giants are struggling with consistency this season. They will look to capitalize on the home advantage and win an important series when they host the Phillies in the next series. San Francisco is currently in the 3rd position in the National League West. They have 18 wins and 23 losses.
Result of First Match: Phillies 3-6- Giants
Giants vs Phillies Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Philadelphia Phillies have done a good job at home. They won 11 out of 18 home matches so far. In the away matchups, the Phillies managed to win 9 out of 14 fixtures.
The San Francisco Giants have a decent home record of 11-10 so far in the current season. Their away performance has not been that good as they won 7 out of 20 matches.
Giants vs Phillies Prediction: Key Stats
Batting Advantage: Philadelphia Phillies
- The Philadelphia Phillies have been convincing in batting till now. They are playing the season with a Batting Average of .264, along with 355 Hits and 42 Home Runs. The Phillies have their On Base Percentage at .323.
- The San Francisco Giants have a lot of room for improvement in batting. They have maintained a Batting Average of .243 as of now. The Giants have added 322 Hits and 61 Home Runs. Their On Base Percentage is currently at .320.
Pitching Advantage: San Francisco Giants
- The Philadelphia Phillies are playing with an Earned Run Average of 4.67 this season. They allowed an Opposition Batting Average of .359. The Phillies have an Average WHIP of 1.31.
- The San Francisco Giants have maintained an Earned Run Average of 4.53 till now. They have an Opposition Batting Average of .268. The Average WHIP stands at 1.37.
Phillies vs Giants Odds
It is likely to be a close encounter. The Philadelphia Phillies have performed better than the San Francisco Giants this season. But the Giants will play in front of their home crowd which is an obvious advantage.
- Philadelphia Phillies: +100
- San Francisco Giants: -120
Giants vs Phillies Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
Both these teams have played 31 matches against each other in the MLB. The San Francisco Giants are ahead with 21 wins, while the Philadelphia Phillies were on the winning side in 10 matches.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, 4 games were won by the Giants and only 1 by the Phillies The previous meeting took place on 5 September 2022. The San Francisco Giants registered a 5-3 win in that match.
- Home Win%: 41.7%
- Away Win: 26.3%
- Points Per Game: 4.2
- Home Points Per Game: 3.8
- Away Points Per Game: 4.5
San Francisco Giants
- Home Win%: 73.7%
- Away Win: 58.3%
- Points Per Game: 5.5
- Home Points Per Game: 6.4
- Away Points Per Game: 4.2
Giants vs Phillies Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Nick Castellanos (3F): Batting Average: .325 | Hits: 45 | On Base Percentage: .374
- Kyle Schwarber (DH): Home Runs: 7 | Runs Batted In: 18 | On Base Percentage: 0.301
- Alec Bohm (1B): Runs Batted In: 28 | Batting Average: .269 | Home Runs: 4
San Francisco Giants
- Thairo Estrada (2B): Batting Average: .317 | Hits: 46 | On Base Percentage: 0.369
- J.D. Davis (3B): Home Runs: 7 | Runs Batted In: 21 | Batting Average: 0.308
- LaMonte Wade Jr. (CF): On Base Percentage: .437 | Batting Average: .276 | Home Runs: 7
Giants vs Phillies Prediction: Last Game Analysis
The Philadelphia Phillies confirmed a crucial away series win by handing two back-to-back defeats to the Colorado Rockies. In the last match, they registered a 7-4 win. Bryce Harper’s 2-run homer proved match-winning for the Phillies. It was a comeback game for Ranger Suarez but he failed to give an impressive performance as he ended up conceding 3 Runs and 7 Hits, including 5 doubles. Ryan Felter’s unfortunate injury turned out to be a big disadvantage for the Rockies.
San Francisco Giants
The San Francisco Giants are currently playing against the Arizona Diamondbacks. They finished the last match with a crushing 2-7 loss. Dominic Fletcher dominated the Giants with his crucial 2 runs, 5 RBI, and bases-clearing triple. Zac Gallen gave no chance to the San Francisco batters. Two hits from Casey Smith and Michael Confronto resulted in 2 runs for the Giants. Overall, it was another disappointing performance for Kapler’s men in an away match.
Giants vs Phillies Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Giants
- H2H Advantage: Giants
- Batting Advantage: Phillies
- Pitching Advantage: Giants
- Overall: Giants to win
It will surely be a formidable challenge for the Philadelphia Phillies against the Giants in an away contest. They would like to take advantage of the inconsistent performance of the home side this season. On the other hand, the San Francisco Giants can’t afford to lose home fixtures if they want to go up on the points table in the NL West.
As per the odds and predictions, the San Francisco Giants are expected to win this series.