Dodgers vs Padres Prediction and Odds
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction and Odds: The LA Dodgers are favored to win this game as per stats and bookmakers.
An interesting encounter is lined up in the National League West as the San Diego Padres are set to meet the Los Angeles Dodgers in the upcoming MLB match. The Padres will look to bounce back after a 2-1 defeat against the Minnesota Twins in the last series. They lost the last match by 3-5. San Diego is currently in the 3rd position in the NL West with 19 wins and 19 defeats.
The LA Dodgers will aim to continue their winning streak when they host the Padres at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers are on a roll after 4 consecutive series wins. They lost only 2 of the last 10 games. Los Angeles secured a 2-1 win against the Milwaukee Brewers in the last series with an 8-1 win in the third match. The Dodgers are currently leading the NL West with 23 wins and 15 losses.
Result of Match 1: Padres: 2-4 Dodgers
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The San Diego Padres have not looked convincing at home. They have a home record of 10-11 so far. In the away fixtures, the Padres won 9 and lost 9.
The LA Dodgers have been excellent at home, winning 13 out of 19 fixtures. Their away record stands at 11-9 as of now.
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction: Key Stats
Batting Advantage: LA Dodgers
- The San Diego Padres have kept their Batting Average at .230 this season. They added 287 Hits and 43 Home Runs. Their On Base Percentage is currently at .319.
- The LA Dodgers are playing with a Batting Average of .232 so far, along with 291 Hits and 64 Home Runs. They have their On Base Percentage at .327.
Pitching Advantage: San Diego Padres
- The San Diego Padres have maintained an Earned Run Average of 4.00 in the current season. The Opposition Batting Average stands at .237. The Padres have an Average Whip of 1.29.
- The LA Dodgers have their Earned Run Average at 4.10 as of now. They allowed the opposition batters to play with an average of .245. The Average Whip is currently at 1.24.
Padres vs Dodgers Odds
The home advantage is on the side of the LA Dodgers. They have a solid winning momentum too. The Dodgers recently handed a home defeat to the Padres. All the betting sites listed on mybettingsites.com are favoring the Dodgers for this series.
- San Diego Padres: +1.5 (-192)
- LA Dodgers: -1.5 (+135)
- San Diego Padres: +110
- LA Dodgers: -135
Read: Padres vs Yankees Prediction and Odds
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
The Dodgers-Padres matchup is a famous rivalry in California. Out of 239 games till now, the Dodgers are leading with 146 wins, while the Sam Diego Padres managed to win 93 games.
If we check out the last 5 matches, 4 were won by the Dodgers and only 1 by the Padres. The previous match took place recently in the current season on 8 May 2023. The LA Dodgers registered a 5-2 win in that game.
Total Points: San Diego Padres: 829 | LA Dodgers: 1172
Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
San Diego Padres
- Home Win%: 40.0%
- Away Win: 18.8%
- Points Per Game: 2.7
- Home Points Per Game: 2.2
- Away Points Per Game: 3.2
- Home Win%: 75.0%
- Away Win: 60.0%
- Points Per Game: 5.1
- Home Points Per Game: 6.2
- Away Points Per Game: 3.9
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction: Players to Watch Out
San Diego Padres
- Xander Bogaerts (SS): Batting Average: .266 | Home Runs: 6 | Hits: 37
- Juan Soto (LF): Runs Batted In: 19 | On Base Percentage: .414 | Batting Average: .256
- Manny Machado (3B): Hits: 36 | Batting Average: .250 | On Base Percentage: 0.295
- Freddie Freeman (1B): Batting Average: .289 | Hits: 44 | On Base Percentage: .360
- Max Muncy (3B): Home Runs 12 | Runs Batted In: 29 | On Base Percentage: 0.367
- James Outman (CF): On Base Percentage: .374 | Hits: 36 | Home Runs: 8
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction: Last Game Analysis
San Diego Padres
Carlos Correa’s 2-run double in the 7th inning became decisive as the San Diego Padres fell short of 2 runs against the Minnesota Twins in the last match. It was a decent performance by San Diego’s pitching staff but they failed to restrict Correa toward the end of the contest. Fernando Tatis Jr. put the Padres ahead with a brilliant homer on the first pitch of the match. Rougned Odor played too and made his first homer for the season. Yu Darvish struck out 7 but he conceded 4 hits.
The LA Dodgers crushed the Milwaukee Brewers by 8-1 in the last fixture to secure their fourth consecutive series win. Freddie Freeman continued his top form and became the star performer for the Dodgers as he finished with 3 runs and a crucial homer. Will Smith and Miguel Vargas were the other players who looked in good touch. Clayton Kershaw gave a valuable contribution in pitching as he struck out 8. He also eliminated a genuine threat from Christian Yelich who started his inning with a career batting average of .474.
Dodgers vs Padres Winner Prediction: Last Game Analysis
- Home Advantage: Dodgers
- Batting Advantage: Dodgers
- Pitching Advantage: Padres
- Overall: Dodgers to win
It will undoubtedly be a mammoth task for the San Diego Padres to get the better of the in-form Dodgers in an away contest. They need to back their pitchers to give no chance to the mighty batters of the home side. On the other hand, the LA Dodgers will look to continue their supremacy in the NL West. They will be high on confidence after dominating the Padres in their home just a few days ago.
As per the odds and stats, the LA Dodgers are expected to win this matchup.