Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction and Odds
Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction and Odds: The Chicago Cubs are favored to win this game as per stats and bookmakers.
The St Louis Cardinals will look to capitalize on the winning momentum when they meet the Chicago Cubs in the next MLB fixture at Wrigley Field. The Cardinals have failed to make a solid impact this season. However, they are likely to be high on confidence after back-to-back win against the Cubs in the first two matches of the series. St Louis is currently in the last position in the National League Central with 13 wins and 24 defeats.
The Chicago Cubs must find a way to win to avoid an embarrassing clean sweep defeat in home series. They had an average campaign so far. The Cubs are currently in the 3rd position in the National League Central. They have 17 wins and 19 losses. Chicago is expected to go all guns blazing in the next matchup against the Cardinals.
Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The St Louis Cardinals have struggled in both home and away games so far. They have a disappointing home record of 6-13 so far. In the away fixtures, the Cardinals managed to win 7 out of 12 games.
The Chicago Cubs have been decent at home in the current season, winning 10 out of 11 games. Their away record is currently at 7-8.
Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction: Key Stats
Batting Advantage: Chicago Cubs
- The Chicago Cubs’ batters have been in solid form this season. They are batting with an average of .265 so far. The Cubs have added 322 Hits and 41 Home Runs till now. The On Base Percentage is currently at .337.
- The St Louis Cardinals have maintained a Batting Average of .257 this season. They have 319 Hits and 42 Home Runs as of now. The Cardinals have kept their On Base Percentage at .326.
Pitching Advantage: Chicago Cubs
- Chicago’s pitching staff has done a commendable job in the current MLB season. They played with an Earned Run Average of 3.33 so far. Chicago allowed the opponents to bat with an average of .222. The Cubs have their Average Whip at 1.13.
- The St Louis Cardinals haven’t been good at pitching this season. They have maintained an Earned Run Average of 4.49. The Cardinals’ Opposition Batting Average is currently at .270. Their Average Whip stands at 1.45.
Cardinals vs Cubs Odds
The home advantage will be on the side of the Chicago Cubs. However, the St Louis Cardinals have the winning momentum. The Cubs are expected to bounce back and win in the next fixture.
- St Louis Cardinals: +1.5 (+164)
- Chicago Cubs: -1.5 (-204)
- St Louis Cardinals: +113
- Chicago Cubs: -123
Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
Both these teams have played 31 matches against each other in the MLB. The St Louis Cardinals are ahead with 22 wins, while the Chicago Cubs won 9 matches. Out of 244 rounds, 153 were won by the Cardinals and 91 by the Cubs.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, there is nothing for the Cubs and all those 5 matches were won by the Cardinals. The previous clash took place yesterday. The St Louis Cardinals secured a 6-4 win in that game.
Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
St Louis Cardinals
- Home Win%: 68.8%
- Away Win: 73.3%
- Points Per Game: 4.9
- Home Points Per Game: 4.3
- Away Points Per Game: 5.6
- Home Win%: 26.7%
- Away Win: 31.2%
- Points Per Game: 2.9
- Home Points Per Game: 3.4
- Away Points Per Game: 2.5
Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction: Players to Watch Out
St Louis Cardinals
- Paul Goldschmidt (1B): Batting Average: .312 | On Base Percentage: .399 | Hits: 43
- Nolan Gorman (DH): Runs Batted In: 23 | Batting Average: .255 | On Base Percentage: 0.344
- Tommy Edman (SS): Home Runs: 5 | Hits: 26 | On Base Percentage: 0.311
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): Home Runs: 11 | Runs Batted In: 21 | On Base Percentage: .333
- Nico Hoerner (2B): Batting Average: .303 | Hits: 46 | On Base Percentage: 0.348
- Ian Happ (LF): Batting Average: 0.301 | On Base Percentage: .420 | Hits: 37
Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction: Last Game Analysis
A brilliant performance from Willson Contreras helped the St Louis Cardinals register a 3-1 win against the Chicago Cubs in the last match. Contreras made his return to Chicago memorable with 2 Hits and 2 RBI. He made a crucial tiebreaking double as well. It was the second straight win for the Cardinals after a losing streak of 8 matches. Genesis Cabrera, Jordan Hicks, and Ryan Hesley were the other top performers for St Louis.
Dansby Swanson’s RBI double in the 5th inning resulted in the only run for the Cubs. Chicago’s baseman Nico Horner had to leave the field with left hamstring soreness. It was a major blow for the home side as Hoerner has looked in excellent touch this season. Nick Madrigal was about to score the second run for the Cubs but he was denied by Brandan Donovan. Chicago needs to make a strong comeback as the last defeat was their 5th loss in 7 games.
Cardinals vs Cubs Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Cubs
- Momentum Advantage: Cardinals
- H2H Advantage: Cardinals
- Batting Advantage: Cubs
- Pitching Advantage: Cubs
- Overall: Cubs to win
The St Louis Cardinals will try to repeat another mighty show at Wrigley Field in the next match. They need to secure some crucial wins in the away matchups to improve their position in the NL Central. On the other hand, the Chicago Cubs will be desperate to bounce back to avoid another home loss. They need a better performance from the batters in the next match.
As per the odds and stats, the Chicago Cubs are expected to win this matchup.