Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Statistical Analysis of Goals, Fouls and Winner
|Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction|
When is Real Madrid most likely to score a goal? Real Madrid has scored 33.3% of the goals in the scoring minutes of 60-75 minutes in the first two games this season.
When is Espanyol most likely to score a goal? Espanyol has scored twice in the current season and the goals came in the scoring minutes of 60-75 minutes and 75-90 minutes respectively.
Who is most likely to score for Real Madrid? Karim Benzema is expected to add many goals to his name in the upcoming matches for Real Madrid.
Who is most likely to score for Espanyol? Espanyol will pin hopes on Joselu to score for his side in the next game.
Who is likely to win the match? Real Madrid :2 Espanyol: 1
Real Madrid will aim for their third straight win of the season when they meet Espanyol in the next La Liga fixture on Sunday, 28 August. The defending champions have started the new season as per the expectations with two back-to-back wins. Ancelloti’s side is coming off a thumping 4-1 win against Celta Vigo in the last match. Real Madrid will surely look to secure 3 more points with a good margin and dethrone Villarreal from the top of the table.
Espanyol needs to prepare well for the challenging task of not losing the upcoming game against Real Madrid at the RCDE Stadium. Martinez’s squad is yet to register their first win of the season. They played a 2-2 draw with Celta Vigo before facing a 0-2 loss to Rayo Vallecano in the last game. Espanyol’s defense needs to be very careful against the blazing Madrid attackers on Sunday.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
|Goals Scored||Goals Conceded|
|First 15 minutes||1||1|
|16 to 30 minutes||0||1|
|31 to 45 minutes||1||0|
|46 to 60 minutes||1||0|
|61 to 75 minutes||2||0|
|76 to 90 minutes||1||0|
|Goals Scored||Goals Conceded|
|First 15 minutes||0||0|
|16 to 30 minutes||0||0|
|31 to 45 minutes||0||2|
|46 to 60 minutes||0||0|
|61 to 75 minutes||1||2|
|76 to 90 minutes||1||0|
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Forwards Statistics
- Real Madrid has a lethal attack led by the French legend, Karim Benzema. Benzema had added 1 goal to his name as of now. In the last La Liga season, he added 27 goals and 12 assists to his name. Benzema gets good support from Vinicius Junior who is also a powerful striker. Junior has scored 1 goal so far at an average of 3.5 shots per game.
- Espanyol has high hopes for Joselu to give an impressive performance this season. Joselu has already scored 1 goal for his team at an average of 2 shots per match. Ruben Sanchez Saez is another good attacker in the forward panel who is playing the season at an interception rate of 2.5 per game with 77% passing accuracy.
Top Scorers for Real Madrid in Last Season:
- Karim Benzema (27 goals)
- Vinicius Junior (17 goals)
- Marco Asensio (10 goals)
Top Scorers for Espanyol in Last Season:
- Raul de Tomas (17 goals)
- Javier Puado (4 goals)
- Sergi Darder (3 goals)
|Average Shots on Target||Goals|
|Ruben Sanchez Saez||0.0||0.0|
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Yellow Card Statistics (La Liga 2021-22)
- Real Madrid:
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Midfield Statistics
- Another legendary footballer, Luka Modric is the biggest name in the midfield for Real Madrid. Modric has scored 1 goal this season. He also assisted in a goal and created 2 big chances for his side. Eduardo Camavinga is another key midfielder. Camavinga is playing at an average of 1 interception per match with 80% dribbling success.
- Edu Exposito has given a praiseworthy performance in the midfield for Espanyol till now. Exposito has scored 1 goal so far, and he has won 100% of the aerial duels. Sergi Darder is another important midfielder who has played at an average of 2.5 key passes per match as of now with 54% success in the ground duels.
|Passing Accuracy||Average Key Passes|
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Defence Statistics
- The top defenders of Real Madrid include David Alaba and Lucas Vazquez. Alaba has played at an average of 2.0 clearances per game so far. He has also added 1 goal to his name. Vazquez has also looked with an average of 1 key pass per match with 100% success in the ground duels.
- Leandro Cabrera and Brian Olivan are the leading defenders of Espanyol. Cabrera has maintained a good clearance average of 4 per game, with 79% success in the aerial duels. Olivan’s tackling average stands at 2.5, and he is winning 62% of the total duels in the current La Liga season.
|Clearances Per Game||Tackles Per Game|
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: goalkeeper Stats
- Real Madrid’s goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois would have been disappointed by not having a single clean sheet from the two fixtures. However, he has maintained a saving rate of 75%. Courtois is an excellent goalkeeper. His match-winning in the UEFA Champions League Final against Liverpool is still fresh in the minds of football fans.
- With a save rate of only 33% so far, Espanyol’s goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte needs to improve a lot in the upcoming games.
|Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid)||Benjamin Lecomte (Espanyol)|
|Saves (per Game)||3.0 (75%)||1.0 (33%)|
Real Madrid vs Prediction: Team Stats (All Competitions)
|Goals per game||0.88||2.00|
|Goals conceding per game||1.25||1.00|
|Ball Possesion %||39.40%||53.25%|
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 31 | Real Madrid: 25 | Draw: 3 | Espanyol: 3
Recent 5 Meetings: Real Madrid: 3 | Draw: 0 | Espanyol: 2
Last Meeting: Real Madrid defeated Espanyol with a score of 4-0 in a La Liga fixture on 30 April 2022.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol: Winning Odds
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Predicted Lineup
Real Madrid (4-3-3): Courtois; Mendy, Alaba, Militao, Carvajal; Camavinga, Tchouameni, Modric; Junior, Benzema, Valverde
Espanyol (4-3-3): Lecomte; Gil, Gomez, Cabrera, Olivan; Exposito, Souza, Darder; Sanchez, Joselu, Melamed
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Prediction: Final Analysis and Prediction
Real Madrid is definitely looking like a stronger side as per the team strength and current form. They will look to end the game on a clean sheet and secure a big win against the hosts on Sunday. On the other hand, Espanyol needs a miraculous effort from all the players to avoid a defeat to Real Madrid in the upcoming home fixture. All the predictions and betting platforms are suggesting a win for Real Madrid in this match.