Southampton vs Newcastle Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Southampton are set to lock horns with Newcastle in the upcoming Premier League fixture on Sunday 6 November. It has been a Contrasting season for Both sides so Far. Southampton has been in a Poor run off form with 3 wins in 13 Fixtures and are in a difficult spot at 17th Position. Newcastle on the other hand has been Flying High and are comfortably placed at 4th Place
Southampton vs Newcastle Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- Southampton has a sub-par record at home when compared to typical EPL sides with one win, two losses, and two draws. Southampton’s only Victory came against Chelsea’s way back in August. The overall home aggregate is 5-6. The Saints’ away record has been dismal as well, with an away aggregate of 1-7.
- The average goal at home comes in the First Half, generally between 40-45 minutes. There is a solitary away goal scored by Southampton that has come in the 9th Minute.
- Home and Away, Newcastle’s numbers have been Excellent with Newcastle being Consistent in both Home and Away. Newcastle’s home aggregate this season is 11-2 with its away aggregate. Magpies away have lost only a Single game and its away aggregate is 8-5.
- In away games, Newcastle has dominated its opponents in the First half with its average goal coming in just around 43 minutes. The Magpies have conceded first only once in the five games coming against the Wolves.
- Considering all the Data, It can be a Power-Packed First Half but Newcastle can be leading by the Half Time.
Southampton vs Newcastle Prediction: Form (Last 5 Premier League Matches)
Goals has been hard to come by for Southampton this season with no particular player Standing up. Statistically Che Adams and Joe Aribo has scored most goals for Southampton.
- Che Adams has played in 10 matches. There have been 10 shots on target out of a total of 21 shots, and Che Adams has scored 3 goals. Che Adams averages 17 passes per match and has a pass completion rate of 70%.
- Joe Aribo has played in 10 matches. In addition to having 8 shots on target from a total of 8 shots, he has scored 2 goals and averages 23 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 75%, and has 0 assists.
Miguel Almiron and Callum Wilson has been Prolific for Newcastle this season with both score over 5 goals.
- There have been 13 matches played by Miguel Almirón. In total, he has 11 shots on target from 20 shots and has scored 7 goals. Almirón averages 31 passes per match with an 86% completion rate.
- There have been nine matches played by Callum Wilson. There are 11 shots on target from 23 attempts, and he has scored 6 goals. Wilson averages 10 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 72%, and he has 2 assists.
Southampton vs Newcastle Prediction: Defence Analysis
Southampton’s defensive base has been Weak and it is Evident in the results so far, Southampton has conceded 0.5 goals more than Typical EPL Side with more Shots conceded on Target. The Goalkeeping has been a big problem for Southampton with its Goalkeepers averaging 7 % lower to the Premier League
Newcastle’s defence has been the best among top teams with The Magpies Conceding 0.6 goals fewer than the Premier League average. The Newcastle has been Strong in Multi Facet in defence with Shots on target conceded lesser than the Premier League Average.
Southampton vs Newcastle Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 106 | Southampton: 38 | Draw: 24 | Newcastle: 42
Recent 5 Meetings: Southampton: 1 | Draw: 1 | Newcastle: 3
Last Meeting: Newcastle defeated Southampton 2 -1 in the Premier League last Season.
Southampton vs Newcastle Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
Southampton Playing against Newcastle has:
- Scored 1.4 goals per match.
- One Clean sheet.
- Scored 1.0 goal per match at Saint Mary’s Stadium in last three matches.
Newcastle playing against Southampton has:
- Scored 1.6 goals per match.
- One Clean sheet.
- Scored 1.0 goal per match Saint Mary’s Stadium in last three matches.
Southampton vs Newcastle Odds
Southampton vs Newcastle Team News
With a hamstring injury, Kyle Walker-Peters remains doubtful, but Ainsley Maitland-Niles is expected to play.
Romeo Lavia has resumed training, but Hasenhuttl might not rush him too much. After dislocating his shoulder, Armel Bella-Kotchap missed the previous two games.
Newcastle’s Allan Saint-Maximin has missed seven games this season, a number he may add to as he recovers from a muscular injury.
Matt Ritchie and Paul Dummett both have calf injuries. As with Elliott Anderson, Karl Darlow is ‘in the latter stages of his recovery’ from an ankle complaint.
Neither Emil Krafth (knee) nor Newcastle’s record signing Alexander Isak (thigh) are expected to play before the World Cup.
Southampton vs Newcastle Prediction: Predicted Line up
Southampton’s Probable Line up: Bazunu; Lyanco, Caleta-Car, Salisu; Elyounoussi, Diallo, Ward-Prowse, S Armstrong, Perraud; A Armstrong, Aribo.
Newcastle’s Probable Line Up: Pope; Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn; Longstaff, Guimaraes, Joelinton; Almiron, Wilson, Murphy.
Final Analysis and Insights
Southampton has not been in the best of the Form this season. The Saints have won odd game in the last five matches. The Saints attacking conundrum has been an issue since the start of the Premier League this season. On the other hand, Newcastle has been sensational with Miguel Almiron and Callum Wilson firing on all Cylinders.
Coming to our Prediction, we believe Newcastle is cut above Southampton on Quality and Form. The Southampton’s attacking Woes are likely to continue against Newcastle’s hard to breach defence. we are going for Newcastle to win 1-0 or 2-0.