Everton vs Leicester Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Everton is set to lock horns with Leicester City in the upcoming Premier League fixture on Saturday, 5th November. It has been a contrasting season for both sides so far. Everton, who started on a poor note has picked up momentum in the last few matches and now found themselves in 12th Position.
Foxes, conversely, have been inconsistent this season with an odd win and are in a difficult spot. The Foxes are currently at 18th Position
Everton vs Leicester Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- Everton has a sub-par record at home when compared to typical EPL sides with two wins, one loss, and two draws. However, Everton has managed to hold on to teams like Liverpool against much better teams. The overall home aggregate is 6-3. The Toffees’ away record has been dismal as well, with a goal aggregate of 5-3
- The average Everton goal at home comes after the First Half, generally between 50-60 minutes. But in the last two games, the Toffees have been dominant in the first half with its 2 First Goals in two matches coming in the first 15 minutes.
- Home and Away, Leicester City’s numbers are not encouraging with the Foxes being inconsistent and winning a few games here and there. The Foxes’ home record is 6-2 ( Last 5 Matches) and 10-15 in the last away (5 games).
- In away games, the Foxes have been attacking in the First half with its average goal coming between 31-40 Minutes, but have struggled to hold onto the lead conceding its average goal in between 35-45 Minutes.
- Considering all the Data, it can be a Power-Packed first half with both teams likely to score in the First half.
Everton vs Leicester | Premier League Expert Predictions, Soccer Picks & Best Bets
Everton vs Leicester City Prediction: Form (Last 5 Premier League Matches)
Goals have been difficult to come by for the Toffees this season with no forward Particularly standing out for them. Statistically, the highest goal scorers for Toffees have been Anthony Gordon, Dwight Mcneil, and Alex Iwobi.
- There have been 11 appearances for Anthony Gordon (plus one sub appearance). Having taken 17 shots, he scored 15 on target and 3 goals. Gordon averages 19 passes per match with a 79% pass completion rate. Having scored two out of three goals in the first half, Gordon has been pivotal in reviving Toffees in goal scoring.
- Dwight McNeil has played in six matches (plus seven as a sub). From a total of 4 shots, he has 2 shots on target and has scored 2 goals. McNeil averages 16 passes per game with a completion rate of 79%, and he has no assists.
- Alex Iwobi has played 13 matches so far. From a total of 7 shots, he has 2 shots on target and 1 goal. Alex Iwobi averages 40 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 82% and has 5 assists.
Leicester’s Goal scoring form has been Steady in the last few games with 13 goals coming from their Top Three goal-scorers.
- Harvey Barnes, James Maddison, and Patson Dhaka have been rolling for them. A total of 11 matches have been played by James Maddison. He has scored 6 goals from a total of 20 shots on target. Maddison averages 44 passes per match with an 84% pass completion rate, and he assists twice.
- There have been 11 games for Harvey Barnes. Barnes has been crucial in the two victories in the last three games with two goals. He has 11 shots on target out of a total of 19 shots and has scored 4 goals.
Everton vs Leicester Prediction: Defence Analysis
- Everton has a strong Defensive base and it is evident in the results so far, in spite of its attacking woes Toffees has not conceded many goals this season and is averaging better than a typical EPL side with 0.60 less conceded. Jordan Pickford for them has been particularly standing out with a Save Percentage of 81%.
- The Foxes have defensive Problems. The Foxes concede 0.43 goals more than the average of EPL. Not only goals but also shots conceded are more than any Premier League side which is 0.40 shots more than the Premier League sides. The main problem for them has been form of a ward whose Save Percentage is 10% lower than the Premier League Average.
Everton vs Leicester City Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 117 | Everton: 38 | Draw: 34 | Leicester City: 45
Recent 5 Meetings: Everton: 3 | Draw: 2 | Leicester City: 1
Last Meeting: Everton defeated Leicester City with a score of 2-1 in a Premier League fixture on 08 May 2022.
Everton vs Leicester City Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
Everton Playing against Leicester City has:
- Scored 1.60 goals per match in the last five games.
- One clean sheet in the last five games.
- Won 3 of its last five matches at Goodison Park.
Leicester City playing against Everton has:
- Scored 1.20 goals per match in the last five games.
- No Clean sheet in the last five games.
- Not Failed to score a goal at Goodison Park in the last five games.
Everton vs Leicester City Odds
Everton vs Leicester City Team News
Andros Townsend (knee) and Ben Godfrey (leg) are unlikely to play before the World Cup, while Yerry Mina’s fitness is still questionable.
It is unlikely that Ricardo Pereira, who has been out since the first week of August, will make a comeback anytime soon. The most likely time of return is around February 2023.
Everton vs Leicester City Predicted Line up
Everton Probable 11 (4-3-3): Pickford; Patterson, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko; Iwobi, Gueye, Onana; Gordon, Calvert-Lewin, Gray.
Leicester City Probable 11 (4-1-4-1): Ward; Castagne, Faes, Amartey, Justin; Soumare; Maddison, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Barnes; Vardy
Everton vs Leicester City Standings
Comparing the current Everton v Leicester City Standings, Everton is ahead of Leicester City in the EPL standings. Everton is 12th in the EPL standing with 3 wins and 5 defeats in the 13 matches.
Leicester City on the other hand is struggling to avoid being relegated. They are 18th in the EPL standings with 3 wins and 8 defeats as of now.
Leicester vs Everton Prediction: Winner Prediction
Everton is set to host Leicester City on Sunday at Goodison Park. Both the teams haven’t had good form as of now but for Leicester City, it has been worse as of now. As for the winner prediction here are a few of our considerations:
- With both teams lacking in one aspect of their game, this game is going to be an exciting one. Everton’s goal-scoring average is lower than that of a typical EPL team, showing that they have struggled to score goals. Toffees, on the other hand, have an excellent defensive record and give up fewer than one goal each game.
- Foxes on the other hand are Contrasting with Everton. The Foxes have Performed well on the attacking Metrics but have faltered defensively.
Coming to our prediction, we believe Everton Playing at home can win against Leicester City. The better Head-to-Head and the Toffees home form give us confidence that Everton can get the Job done.