Man United vs Chelsea Prediction and Stats
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Man United is expected to win this match as per the bookmakers and stats.
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Man United: 2, Chelsea: 0
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate recent performances.
In a crucial Premier League encounter, Man United is set to take on Chelsea at Old Trafford on Thursday, 25th May. With only two matches left in the season, Hag’s men will look to finish their campaign on a high. Moreover, a win in the next two matches is important to retain a spot in the top 4 on the points table. The Red Devils are currently in the 4th position with 69 points, 3 points ahead of Liverpool. Man United defeated Bournemouth in the last fixture by 1-0.
It has been a disastrous campaign for Chelsea this season. The best they can do from now on is win the next two matches and try to atleast have a top-10 finish. However, that looks quite difficult for the Blues. They lost 3 of their last 5 EPL games. Their last match ended with a 0-1 loss against Man City. Chelsea is currently in the 12th position on the points table with 43 points.
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Last 5 Games
- Man United has won 4 of the last 5 home games. 1 match ended in a draw. They had a goal aggregate of 6-0.
- Man United had clean sheets in all those 5 matches.
- They faced a top-10 side from the table twice in the last 5 home fixtures and won both matches with a goal aggregate of 2-0.
- Chelsea has won 2 and lost 3 of the last 5 away matches. They scored and conceded 7 goals each.
- They failed to end any of the games with a clean sheet.
- Chelsea met a top-10 team two times in the last 5 matches. They lost both games with a goal aggregate of 1-4.
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Goal Prediction
- Man United has played the season with an average of 1.44 goals per match. The scoring average rises to 1.76 per match in home matchups.
- The Red Devils have maintained a shot conversion rate of 10% as of now.
- xG: Overall: 1.79 | At Home: 1.92
- Chelsea has not been so good at goal-scoring away from home. In the last 5 away fixtures, they scored 7 goals and 4 of them came in the second half.
- Chelsea has a shot conversion rate of 8% in the current season.
- xG: Overall: 1.79 | At Away: 1.92
Man United vs Chelsea Odds
Man United will surely start as home favorites against Chelsea in the upcoming match.
Betting Odds as per FcTables
- Man United: 1.63
- Chelsea: 5.20
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Who is likely to Score?
- Anthony Martial is currently leading the forward attack of Man United. He scored 5 goals so far, playing with an average of 0.6 shots on target per match. His goal conversion rate is currently at 19% along with an xG of 5.44.
- Casemiro is one of the crucial attacking midfielders for the Red Devils. He added 3 goals as of now with a goal conversion rate of 10%. Casemiro also assisted in 3 goals and created 6 big chances for his side.
- The Blues rely on Raheem Sterling in the attack. He scored 6 goals this season along with 3 assists and 6 big chances created. He has a key passing average of 1.2 key passes per game.
- In the midfield, Conor Gallagher plays an important part. He has added 3 goals to his name so far. He also created 5 big chances for his team. Gallagher has maintained a passing accuracy of 84% along with a dribbling success of 52%.
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Defense Analysis
- Man United has conceded 1.14 goals per match in the current season. In the home fixtures, the goal-conceding rate has been 0.47 per match as of now. They didn’t concede any goal in the last 5 home games.
- David De Gea has been excellent in the current EPL season. He saved 2.6 goals per match along with a success rate of 70%. He ended 17 matches with clean sheets.
- In the defense department, Man United’s key defenders include players like Luke Shaw and Raphael Varane. Shaw has played the current season with an average of 1.7 clearances per match with a success rate of 61% in the aerial duels. He also contributed 1 goal. Varane maintained an average of 3.8 clearances per match. He won 63% of the total duels.
- Chelsea has given away 1.17 goals per match in the current season. The average increases to 1.35 per game in the away clashes. The Blues conceded 6 out of 7 goals in the first half of the last 5 games. Hence they tend to concede early.
- Chelsea’s goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has done a decent job at goalkeeping so far. He made 2.5 saves per match with a success rate of 64%. He had one clean sheet since becoming a permanent member of the lineup.
- Some of the key defenders of Chelsea include players like Thiago Silva and Trevoh Chalobah. Silva has played the season with an average of 4.1 clearances per match. He won 76% of the ground duels. Chalobah is playing with an average of 2.3 clearances per match. His dribbling success is currently at 89%.
Man United vs Chelsea Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
Matches: 192 | Man United: 81 | Draw: 56 | Chelsea: 55
Recent 5 Meetings: Man United: 0 | Draw: 5 | Chelsea: 0
Last Meeting: The match ended in a 1-1 draw in a Premier League fixture on 22 October 2022.
Man United vs Chelsea Injuries
- Lisandro Martinez: Out due to Foot Injury
- Donny van de Beek: Out due to Knee Injury
- Marcel Sabitzer: Out due to Knee Injury
- Thomas Heaton: Out due to Foot Injury
- Marcus Rashford: Out due to Illness
- Phil Jones: Out due to Knee Injury
- Armando Broja: Out due to Knee Injury
- Reece James: Out due to Thigh Injury
- Benoit Baya: Out due to Groin Injury
- N’Golo Kante: Out due to Groin Injury
- Marc Cucurella: Out due to Thigh Injury
- Kalidou Koulibaly: Out due to Thigh Injury
Man United vs Chelsea Winner Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
Man United has performed far better than Chelsea this season. They are likely to dominate the Blues in the next match. A win is crucial for them to stay in the top 4. On the other hand, Chelsea will be desperate for some happy moments at the end of a disappointing season. They need to bring out a collective team effort to challenge the Red Devils in their own backyard.
As per the predictions and betting sites, Man United is expected to win this matchup. We predict the scoreline to be 2-0 in favor of the Red Devils.